Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets see those....

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

Come on ladies, I am new to this group and would love to SEE the way that some of yall live. I am trying to incorporate more of the old fashioned lifestyle into our home and would love for some ideas. So bring on the pictures cause I cant wait to see them and plus you get to show off your techniques. LOL Thanks alot and thank you all for having me here and I really look forward to it.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
wildprairierose
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Welcome to the group.  I currently don't have any pictures to share.  I will see what I can get thrown onto a disk once I get finished moving.  My "old fashioned" living - as far as the building I live in, has been put on a bit of a hold.  I am moving into an apartment in a small ranching town.

In the summers though, I spend most of my time at a cabin in the mountains.  We have no running water, no bathroom, out house only, no formal heat as we have no electric or gas run to it.  Stricktly wood stove.  We had some renters that put on an addition and had all the ammenties - running water from the house next door, connected the electric service, connected the gas fuel.  I don't want all those things, they cost to darn much. Therefore, this summer, I will be changing everything back to the way it was.  A full redo, I am thinking. 

It will be a few months, but eventually I will do a post with all the pictures and the work as it gets done.  We still can't drive to the cabin.  To much snow still.  The place is at 9200 ft elevation.  In the mountains of Wyoming. 

I hope this post takes off and I too, get to see other's old fashioned living lifestyle.

deniseswanton2
by on May. 15, 2009 at 4:29 PM

we live in ohio on 2 /1/2 acres check out my page my phots for some reason wont come over.

workinfromhome8
by on May. 15, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I do a lot of the stuff they list, garden, can, make stuff from scratch, shop in bulk, but one thing I love that is finally catching back on is sewing.

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

mmoleader
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Quoting workinfromhome8:

I do a lot of the stuff they list, garden, can, make stuff from scratch, shop in bulk, but one thing I love that is finally catching back on is sewing.

I love the brown and cream dress!!!!!! Now I have to go and sew something thanks for the inspiration!

If you choose not to decide - you still have made a choice!
- Neil Peart

http://www.cafemom.com/group/veggiecrockpotmoms     Check out my group!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)