Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playdates

Posted by on May. 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 560 Total Views
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that my neighbor and I have been taking our kids to story time at the library, it's been fun and the kids enjoy listening to stories, dancing, listening to the music and playing together. This past Tuesday was the last story time until this summer, so we're trying to come up with other things to do instead. We can still go to the library to let the kids play, but also thinking about going to the park, zoo, children's museum etc. Anybody else have any ideas?
by on May. 2, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
beckir20
by New Member on May. 16, 2008 at 3:00 PM
Another idea for you is once it gets warmer out there are two parks in Bloomington with water.  I took my daughter there for a play date last year and she was only 5 or 6 months old and she just loved it.  One is behind central catholic and another is off of college.  There is enough room for them to run around and have fun.
RJCmom0706
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2008 at 7:45 PM
They will also have the one opening in Miller Park sometime this summer that has the water.  These parks are great.  I took my son last year and he was around a year and it was the highlight of his day.  There were other people that were having playdates, but I didn't know anyone so it was just us.
Quoting beckir20:

Another idea for you is once it gets warmer out there are two parks in Bloomington with water.  I took my daughter there for a play date last year and she was only 5 or 6 months old and she just loved it.  One is behind central catholic and another is off of college.  There is enough room for them to run around and have fun.
Afgrl
by Group Owner on Jun. 7, 2008 at 12:12 AM
My neighbor and I took the kids to Stevenson park a few weeks ago, It was a really nice park and the kids had a great time. She also mentioned something about the water play area they're building at Miller park/zoo, I'm excited about that opening up since it's close by.
kandykorn_128
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2008 at 11:42 AM
Id be careful about Miller Park. Ive lived in the Miller Park area my whole life and its gone down the drain. There are too many trouble makers that hang out around there and I stopped taking my daughter there. Im actually afraid to take her there b/c of all the gangs, drug dealers, and drug addicts that hang out there and over all trouble makers. Just be careful and watch your kids VERY closely.
Quoting Afgrl:

My neighbor and I took the kids to Stevenson park a few weeks ago, It was a really nice park and the kids had a great time. She also mentioned something about the water play area they're building at Miller park/zoo, I'm excited about that opening up since it's close by.
Tonia ~ Avon Sales Rep ~ Visit www.youravon.com/telkins to place an order.
RJCmom0706
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I took my son to Miller Park a couple times over the summer to the water park and the zoo and it was fine.  I think the trouble begins later in the evening.  There were actually a lot of people that seemed to be in the upper class bracket when we went.  I think you need to wath your kids closely and beware of bad stuff everywhere and no matter where you live.  Those people are all over Bloomington now since they are moving in from other areas.  Thank you for the heads up though. 

Quoting kandykorn_128:

Id be careful about Miller Park. Ive lived in the Miller Park area my whole life and its gone down the drain. There are too many trouble makers that hang out around there and I stopped taking my daughter there. Im actually afraid to take her there b/c of all the gangs, drug dealers, and drug addicts that hang out there and over all trouble makers. Just be careful and watch your kids VERY closely.
Quoting Afgrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)