Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training help

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:30 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 290 Total Views
My son is 25 months old.  He is really good about peeing in the toilet.  He even gets up from naps if he wants to go.  However he will not poop in the toilet.  I have read some other posts about this and I guess it is a fairly common issue.  However I have not seen anything that may help my son.  He is not doing this out of control or to get attention.  He very much wants to be a big boy.  So I don't know if he is scared or just doesn't know what he is supposed to do.  I have tried a lot of different things with no success and I feel really bad because he feels bad.  We have never pressured him on anything because he has always been very advanced for his age, but he is very hard on himself.  If he doesn't do something perfect right away he gets very upset with himself.  We tell him that everyone makes mistakes and everyone has trouble with some things.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could help him?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kennedytae
by on Jun. 16, 2007 at 11:41 AM
My daughter still has some trouble with this.  I am pretty sure she is scared  (or that it hurts a little)  because she will hold it as long as possible and then when she goes she cries and says "mommy come save me".  It breaks my heart.  She has been fully trained for about 6 months now and doesn't have accidents or anything, but still throws a fit everytime she has to go #2.  We just deal with it at the time and pray that the next time will get a little better....  Good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)