Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I going to miss my day???!!!???!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so I am TTC right after having a baby in Aug. My last mens was OCT 19th. So according to the calendar I am ovulating on Sunday. I have been using the OPK tests and they aren't even the slightest bit positive. I am so frustrated, Am I supposed to go by the OPK or the calendar??? I really dont want to miss the window,. What if I have sex on the wrong day??? and mess up? Will the OPK test be positive closer to Sat? Someone please give me some advice. I am super upset.

Julie wink mini

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM

the calendar goes by ur average cycle length, where u just had a baby ur cycles probably are not regular yet so going by ur CM and the OPK is ur best bet...

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, NAK ALOT!

jewelschneider
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:18 PM

so when the opk is positive, have sex 48 hrs later?? thats what the box says. how accurate are these tests??

charrisse
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I use opk's dont go by any faint line that shows, wait for the dark one at least as dark as the control line. youll get faint lines leading up, i had sex the night i got my dark line and 2 nights afterwards so 3 days straight for us. I am in the 2ww so im not sure if we got it. But thats what ive always been told. you can ovulate 12-48 hours after that pos on opk. I also temp and yesterday was my dip day so im sure i o'd then. temping, opk's and cm are much more accurate then some calculation online that has nothing detecing any type of hormone changes going on with your personal body. its just a guess-timate.

JMO!

Bren07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Quoting jewelschneider:

so when the opk is positive, have sex 48 hrs later?? thats what the box says. how accurate are these tests??

opk's tell u ur about to O, within 12-48hrs later..once u get ur pos BD that day and the next 3days after..u should also be trying to BC everyother day or every few days leading up to ur pos..opks are fairly accurate, but if ur CM is not EWCM when u get a pos OPK  then u might not be Oing. sometimes ur body gears up to O but doesnt because od stress or the egg isnt able to pop out. but typically is u have EWCM and ur OPK is pos u will be Oing within the nxt 48hrs of the pos..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!

jewelschneider
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM

So I need to keep testing with the OPK's everyday.. Once it's positive then boom boom for 3 days straight. Is there a best time to OPK test ? What about the basal thing? I have done it for 2 days. Today was 97.4 and yesterday was 97.3. Is that a sign of any change?

Julie wink mini

Bren07
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:29 PM

yeah..best time to tes is between 10am and 8pm..not with FMU....i do not know about the BBT..srry..

Quoting jewelschneider:

So I need to keep testing with the OPK's everyday.. Once it's positive then boom boom for 3 days straight. Is there a best time to OPK test ? What about the basal thing? I have done it for 2 days. Today was 97.4 and yesterday was 97.3. Is that a sign of any change?

alliesaurus
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Quoting jewelschneider:

the best time to opk test is in the afternoon. Actually they says its best if you test twice daily, because a surge can last only 8-10 hours and you could miss it easily. so when I used opks I always tested at like 11:00 am and then at 8:00-9:00 pm! 97.4 to 97.3 isnt a significant change. when bbt charting it is not about the individual numbers but the chart as a whole, if that makes sense. Its about a shift in temperatures. My chart link is at the bottom of my siggy where is says " my ovulation chart" if you'd like to see my charts! fertility Friend is very helpful in pointing out the bbt changes for you if you dont know much about it! I love love love charting and will never use an OPK again- but its good to use them if you are still getting used to your cycles for right now!

alliesaurus
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM

feel free to private message me if you need more help! 

jewelschneider
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I give up on the basal thing. The damn one I got is so hard to turn on in the am I get my temp all out of wack by getting up to try and turn it on,. I am so frustrated, Today is my 14th day after my last AF. Still no positive OPK. I am going to take your advice and start testing 2x a day. Man I hope this works. I cant find those strips all I can find at the drig stores are the ones that look like pregnancy tests and they are 10 bucks a box.. Well it should be any day now..

Julie wink mini

Bren07
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Quoting jewelschneider:

I give up on the basal thing. The damn one I got is so hard to turn on in the am I get my temp all out of wack by getting up to try and turn it on,. I am so frustrated, Today is my 14th day after my last AF. Still no positive OPK. I am going to take your advice and start testing 2x a day. Man I hope this works. I cant find those strips all I can find at the drig stores are the ones that look like pregnancy tests and they are 10 bucks a box.. Well it should be any day now..

u can get the opk strips online at early-pregnancy-tests.com..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)