Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the heck is going on??? Please anyone!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm 6 days away from my due date. I've been pretty miserable these last 2 weeks. Thursday at my last OB appointment my Doc said I was dilated to 3, but that the baby was still high, and I am still thick.Well last night I couldn't sleep because my hips were hurting, which isn't unusual. I finally fell asleep around 12:30. At 4 I woke up super nauseous.(TMI) I had diarrhea, and vomiting bad not just a little BAD. I was like that for about an hour and a half. Well finally at 5:30 I felt OK enough to lay down, and boom I started having contractions. I got up and started walking around. The pain was constant all over my back, but when I'd get a contraction the pain would intensify in my back and radiate into my stomach making it super hard.I was kinda in panic mode so instead of timing them I just called the hospital. They told me to go in.They hooked me up to the monitors.The nurse said that she could see I was having strong contractions but they were really irregular. So she checked me, I was still a 3. I stayed for a couple of hours with no progress, so they sent me home. Saying it may be early labor. I get home and I started throwing up again. I tried to sleep but the contractions were to painful. I started timing them they are all over the place. Now here it is 7:24, I'm still feeling contractions but they aren't as painful. I can still feel them but they just aren't as strong. And now I'm getting these sharp shooting pains down there.What the heck is going on??? I know you all aren't doctors, but has anyone gone through this?? Please, I just want some opinions.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hurst0three
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I'm not really a lot of help but they could be contractions that are preparing you to go into labor soon. My dr told me when I was pregnant with my 2nd that if my contractions got to the point that I needed to stop whatever I was doing to take a breather, that was the time to go in. I know that a major sign of going into labor is throwing up, not so much the diarrhea. Maybe you ate something bad that the baby isn't liking? I would stay on top with timing the contractions and if they are 5 min apart and getting so strong you can't bare it, go to the hospital and hopefully they will let you go! I hope you have a safe delivery and congrats on the new baby! Don't stress, you will be fine :)

ramzmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Sounds like braxton hicks.. I had them a day or two before I went into labor with my first. Any day now! :)

I was a 3cm too.

CafeMom Tickers

two yr old bday ticker

Delicate Butterflies Child Birthday Ticker 

chance010507
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:16 AM

from what i have heard, you being ill is a sign of going into labor in the next few days, the contractions are probably just the little beginning ones and sounds like your baby is turned so you are getting alot of back labor. go about your day as normally as you can but i would be on alert and have a notebook or something to start timing them. if i were you i would try natural labor inducing methods and get the ball rolling! try doing some breathing exercises and cat pose to get the baby off your back...lol...good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)