Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am prolly dooming myself but....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just had to buy a new baby sling it was on sale! I have one already but it has a ton of fabric and its only good for the infant stage. I know that's its still really early but i have a god feeling about this one. Also Anyone here have any experience with breastfeeding? If so what are some good tips and some must have products?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bren07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

good support is number one, weather t is from family friends or a BF GROUP here u will need the support..breast pads, lanolin, the number to a lactation consultant or the number for the hospitals LC so u can talk to then once ur baby is born..do not get any bottles or binkis but if u do keep them in storage and do not even think to introduce them until ur LO is atleast 4wks old...a breast pump if ur going to need to pump..u should go join the BF group i suggested (blue link from above) and ask them wut they would suggest for the essential BF needs..its different for everyone..some are great producers other need help to produce..u just cant let the hospital give ur LO a bottle. ur milk doe notcome in for 2-4days after u have ur baby but ur colostum is fine till then, so make sure they know u are going to be BF and not to give bottles. if they need to give anything like sugar water to get the babys blood sugar up tell them to use a syringe..umm..always drink plenty of fluids..after the first wk of life atleast 5wet/dirty diapers in a 24hr period mean ur LO is getting enough..it will be tough at first but it gets better..i wasnt able to breastfeed my first,  but if i would have had that group i think i could have. i am going on 4months of EBF my 2nd son and it is great and i have that group to thank..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

keeler_s
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM

The best tips i have for you are buy a boppy pillow they are amazing!

Also find a position that is comfy for you don't let other dictate to you how you should hold your baby and this that and the other thing if you are not comfy it will not work for you!

Make sure you have a cream for your nipples as they do get pretty sore in the beginning!

The last tip i have is if you are having trouble or need help do not be afraid to ask for it! because it can be frustrating learning how to do it and there were times when i wanted to give up! When i got the hang of it i loved it!

Good Luck and Congrats

Amy_Plus_One
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I bought a nursing cover this afternoon =) And I got my bfp tonight!!!  So I hope it's not a jinx!!! My justification was that I could always use it for a baby shower gift... but I think I'm keeping it for myself!

I nursed my son, I was lucky because he would nurse on ANYTHING, lol!!!  GL!

Erika2408
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM

I got a cover to lol now I just need to hind my stuff when it comes in the mail so hubby dont see lol. Thanks all for the tips, I wish I would of tried with my son but I was dumb and didn't so i hope I can for this baby.

Mommy8271120
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I loved BF!!!! I've got tons of tips if you ever need any. Things you want are nursing pads, a good sports bra (they help when you are engorged and I think they work better then nursing bras), a cover and a pump. If this is your first child then I wouldn't suggest getting an expensive one just to see if you really enjoy nursing or not. If I think of anything else I'll let you know!

~If God wanted us all to be them same, He wouldn't have made us so different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)