Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Positive OPK?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay starting from the top is CD 8... bottom is CD 12.  Bottom one is from today. Does it look positive? So that means I'll be ovulating in the next 24-48 hours right?
My delima is this- were leaving for my parents house tonight, and we're staying there all weekend. If we BD before we leave tonight will that give me good chances? I don't know if we will get a chance the rest of the weekend. I mean we could BD this afternoon and then sunday night when we get back..  WWYD?

Megan- 20 year old cloth diapering, co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, extended rear-facing, anti-vax, anti-cio, toddler wearing mama to Aiden Robert 4-3-08 and wife to Danny since 12-27-08.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ArmyWifey4907
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:26 PM

We BD's 3 days before I was supposed to ovulate (I didn't use OPKs), and  nothing else until almost 3 weeks later because I was sick, and I got pregnant.  I think if you BD tonight and then when you get back from your parents you should have the bases covered.  Typically, sperm can survive a couple of days...At least that's what I've read.

Good luck!!!

baby dust

pregnancy calendar

hinojoza0507
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I used OPK one time and honestly i didn't really understand it  because down the line the lines were gettin darker and then hubby and i would BD and than a few days later were even darker .. idk i get really confused with those but Bd just in case !lol 

--Chunny--
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I would BD before ya'll leave and again on Sunday... and if you have a chance at Mom and Dad's maybe early morning??? 

Sperm can live (I hear) from 3-5 days.  :)  So you're bases would be covered.

m131
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Thanks! =)

Megan- 20 year old cloth diapering, co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, extended rear-facing, anti-vax, anti-cio, toddler wearing mama to Aiden Robert 4-3-08 and wife to Danny since 12-27-08.

trewlove
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

You may not be able to BD at your parents house, but you can still do your OPK.

Yes that is a positive but it is just the beginning of your surge. You may not ovulate for three more days. If you and hubby are both pretty young there is a good chance you can BD tonight and still get preggo.

BUT, in the case that you do not get pregnant this cycle you will have more information to go on next month if you keep doing the OPK, even while at your parents. The reason I say this is because typically you ovulate at the end of your LH surge or after the surge is over. You may get positives for 2 or 3 days, (or not, evey woman is different), and then ovulate after that. So today is Friday, you may not ovulate until MONDAY. But you will not know if you stop doing the OPK. So I suggest doing it in the morning and the evening (make sure you limit fluids and peeing for a few hours before the afternoon/evening test). Write down when you get your first NEGATIVE test, you will probably ovulate within 12 hours of when the test goes negative.

For example when I ovulate I get a positive OPK starting in the afternoon, then again the next day and the next, and I ovulate the day AFTER that. So for example if I were testing I would get a positive Friday night and it would be positive until Sunday night, and I ovulate Monday. That's just an example.

Each woman has a different length of LH surge but its usually pretty regular. So you want to figure yours out so you can time BD well.

Good luck!

newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I would say that the bottom OPK is positive.  Good luck!

m131
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Thanks so much!
I've used OPKs before, but never kept doing them once I got a  positive. I read that you don't need to take them anymore once you get a positive. This is our 7th cycle TTC number two. I'll definitely keep doing the opks! 

Quoting trewlove:

You may not be able to BD at your parents house, but you can still do your OPK.

Yes that is a positive but it is just the beginning of your surge. You may not ovulate for three more days. If you and hubby are both pretty young there is a good chance you can BD tonight and still get preggo.

BUT, in the case that you do not get pregnant this cycle you will have more information to go on next month if you keep doing the OPK, even while at your parents. The reason I say this is because typically you ovulate at the end of your LH surge or after the surge is over. You may get positives for 2 or 3 days, (or not, evey woman is different), and then ovulate after that. So today is Friday, you may not ovulate until MONDAY. But you will not know if you stop doing the OPK. So I suggest doing it in the morning and the evening (make sure you limit fluids and peeing for a few hours before the afternoon/evening test). Write down when you get your first NEGATIVE test, you will probably ovulate within 12 hours of when the test goes negative.

For example when I ovulate I get a positive OPK starting in the afternoon, then again the next day and the next, and I ovulate the day AFTER that. So for example if I were testing I would get a positive Friday night and it would be positive until Sunday night, and I ovulate Monday. That's just an example.

Each woman has a different length of LH surge but its usually pretty regular. So you want to figure yours out so you can time BD well.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)