Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?? for those who know about or have experienced ttc after last depo shot

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

Hi ev1 my last Depo shot was end of August/ beginning of September I forget which one but I know it's one of them lol, and we've been trying to conceive our last child I was posed to get my shot Dec. 8th but didn't for reasons, one the depo wasn't working in my system I kept getting lots of sists on my ovaries and me n my fiance decided we'd try for our last child. Well I haven't had a period with my depo for a looonnnggg time I think the last * spotting lasted for a like an hour* was I think in June or July not sure which one. Well  I wondering I finally got a horrible painful spotting that actually lasted a day and a half. And was wondering if my body is getting back on track, and if so should I maybe be able to conceive soon or getting near. I know it'll take time but just wondering if maybe my body is trying to get back to normal and things might look up from here. If anyone had been through this or know about it I'd like some maybe good news lol. Have a nice day everyone and for anyone who takes the time to read this I do appreciate it. Gl to everyone ;-)

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
montanacat
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:44 AM

It does take time-sometimes a looong time. Did you still get AF while you were on the shot? I've gotten preg twice after coming off depo-it took my body about 3 months before AF showed this last time. I'm wondering if you shouldn't see a dr about the cysts? they could cause problems with ovulation even after AF strats showing regularly. And as to your AF question, until you get something close to your "normal" af without depo, i wouldn't call it AF yet. GL, and I hope this helped a little!

Proud_Mama3988
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:35 AM

No I did not get a period during the depo shot * I am assuming af means that lol sry just learning all these abbreviations n stuff *. I didn't get spotting or anything at all on depo. expect that last time in june or w/e when I was a little late for my depo and it was only for like an hour if that. and it was very light. Now it's starting to last a little longer, and a little heavier not much but a little.

montanacat
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM

yes, AF is your period. They call it "aunt flow" here!

Proud_Mama3988
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 4:14 AM

O ok sry about that but now I know. And the day after I said about me spotting I got my AF for a day and a half it was mediumish amount. So I am not sure if that's the start of a real one. And if so I'm hoping my body will be on track to a point and maybe soon able to conceive :D. My last shot was end of August beginning of September so Almost 4 months ago. SO I hope it's a start of getting regular and some good luck will come our way :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)