Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost 12 lbs because of morning, noon, and nite sickness. Is this safe??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

I went to the dr and got weighed and lost 12lbs.    I told her of me being sick and hardly able to eat and being on Zofran.  She didnt say much, so I am just curious..  If all these things I read that say it is important to get 300 more calaries a day, how is the baby ok.  When I am not even getting my daily intake?    This freaks me out!!!  Please help girls, opinions and comments would help!  : )pregnant belly   O yeah, I am 12weeks

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluemonkey
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM

don`t  worry!!

for my first I lost a total of 22lbs, so that by my 7th month I had only gained 5lbs over my ppw,

my daughter had a normal weight, was perfectly normal, just make sure you get plenty of fluids, because of the "all day " sikness (no idea why it`s called morning) you can get severly dehydrated, ask your dr for vitamins that don`t get you sick, and eat what you can,

all I could eat was ice cream, and anything with stawberiies in it for 5 months,

good luck

ps: the all day sikness started the 2nd month and ended around the 5th

vehly22
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM

dont be scared with my dd i lost 36 lbs in the first trimester, and she was a healthy full term baby, itll be ok. my dr said to look at it like this even if ur puking up the food u eat right after u eat it ur body is still getting some nutrients from it, i had to eat small meals every 2 or 3 hours to help me not be so sick. i hope you feel better soon, have a happy and healthy nine months :)

Aidansmommy0615
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I WAS in the same bost as you.  Lost over 10 pounds and Zofran was a joke.  It was so bad i couldn't even keep down prenatals or water.  I tried the Flinstones chewables, which worked a little better.  The dr. was not too worried.  We saw the baby on the u/s and it was growing prefectly.  Then last Sunday (at 14 weeks) it was like a miracle happened......I woke up hungry!!!!  I started to feel queasy if I DIDN"t eat.  It was a welcomed change.  I am now able to eat whenever I want and hardly ever feel sick.  i know that when I go back in 2 weeks there will be weight gain, and I'm sooooo excited.  I can even hold down my prenatals and have the energy to go to work and to do housework when I get home.  Give it time sweetie, it will eventually ease up.  (I thought that it NEVER would, but that wonderful day finally came)  I'll be thinking of you, hope you get some relief very soon!!!

wlinden
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Thank you ladies!!!  Helped ease my mind...  Thanks again!

starbornpoet
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I am in almost the same situation. I am on Zofran (dissolvables and the ones you swallow) and I am on Keflex for a sinus infection. I can not eat or drink anything without throwing up. Ive tried water and gatorade and everything from crackers to chicken noodle soup. It seems my baby prefers McDonalds to anything else. (thats the only thing Ive kept down in a long time).  I will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I was in the ER saturday due to dehydration again and severe throwing up. I have an appointment wednesday with the OBGYN since I have been sick with my sinus infection since the 2nd! :( I am so worried about my little one..

I hope everything is fine for you. If the OBGYN didnt say anything then I am sure it is fine. :)

piwife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM

is totally fine,. i lost 20 lbs with dd. also i puked about 10-20 times a day till the day i ahd her.  i did go in to preterm labor alot cuz of dehydtarion,. nothing worked for me not even zofran. what help me was delivery. 15 mts later i became preggo with ds and the same thing happen

i am a sahm and not loving it that much, prolife,progay marriage, immigration supported, gun supporter, feed your baby what you want, erf,spanking non cio, co-sleeping, photography lover kinda of mom in love with a u.s marine.
atcbabe1
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 5:36 PM

you should be just fine with ds i lost well over 30lbs during the first 4 months i had morn,noon,night sickness the whole nine months when it was bad i was given a sipository to help. not fun but it worked. ds was 8'10 at birth so as you can tell it didnt hurt his growth any. i went out of my pregnacy 20lbs lighter then i went into it.

Shannarou
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM

With my dd I lost almost 40 lbs within the first 3 months of being pregnant and was told by the doctor the baby takes all it needs from you so the baby will not suffer from this. You however will loose some serious pounds as well as energy always try to find something to eat or drink even if its just crackers or ginger snaps, I hate them but something is better than nothing and constantly drink water even when you cant keep a cracker down make urself drink the water I was put in the hospital a little over 3 months preggers because I couldn't force the water down well... after that I forced it down even if it came back up because that atleast gives your body a chance to abosorb some of it even if u dont think its been down long enough trust me ur body catches what it can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)