Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone tried this old wives tale

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

has anyone tried the thread and needle trick to determine if you were having a boy or girl and it actually work???? 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jenn710
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM

nope what is it? i've heard of the drano test and the string with a ring 

lucky2x
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Its the one where if its a boy it goes around in a circle over your belly and sways back and forth if its a girl?? I have heard of it just dont know if it has actually worked.

pregnant belly

starrlite27
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:39 AM

actually back and forth is boy circle is girl.  i have tried it and it goes back and forth so we will see.  my cousin tried it and it went in circles and she had a girl but the second time it couldnt make up its mind if it wanted to go in circles or back and forth.  it turned out to be a girl as well.  lol.  anyways you can do it one of 2 ways. 

way 1 is take the needle and put a thread in the loop tap the left side of your hand in between your thumb and pointer 3 times with the needle turn your hand over with out moving your hand watch the needle it may take a few minutes if it goes back and forth its a boy circles its a girl.  here is a link that can help you.

if that didnt work try this

http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/needle.htm

way 2 is lay on your back have someone hold the needled with the htread threw it over your belly same way with the directions lol

Magouirkmandi
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:43 AM

we've tried that with my sis's pregnacy only we heard it was thread and a wedding band.. it told her both  girl then boy.. she wound up having a boy 

also around 4-5 mo. in  if your carrying real low its a boy and higher up means a girl!! ok i know your like what??

seriously if your baby bump is mainly appearing to be growing out lower then your belly button then its prolly gonna be a boy.. and if its growing straight out then its a girl.. it sounds funny i know but its true.. my sis (tiff)and my friends(nessa) pregnacies were so diff from the start.. 

tiff started out with a small bump right below the belly button

nessa started out with a baby bump up higher  

and it was right  tiff had a boy and nessa had a girl 

hope this helps <3

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

DaemonicMommy
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:45 AM

I suggest having a good friend who has had a kid use there wedding band to do this, lay flat on you back and have your friend try! Seems to work best. I've tryed and it worked for my first. I want to wait a little while before trying it with this one.

Aidansmommy0615
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Quoting Magouirkmandi:

we've tried that with my sis's pregnacy only we heard it was thread and a wedding band.. it told her both  girl then boy.. she wound up having a boy 

also around 4-5 mo. in  if your carrying real low its a boy and higher up means a girl!! ok i know your like what??

seriously if your baby bump is mainly appearing to be growing out lower then your belly button then its prolly gonna be a boy.. and if its growing straight out then its a girl.. it sounds funny i know but its true.. my sis (tiff)and my friends(nessa) pregnacies were so diff from the start.. 

hope this helps <3

I sure do hope that it is true for me as well.  The other two teachers  at my school have their bumps starting below their belly buttons.  One already knows that she's having a boy and the other is hoping that she will have one. I, on the other hand, am round higher up.  When I was preggers with my son the bump started below that belly button.  I also did the ring on the string test yesterday.  It moved in a circle motion, which means I should be having a girl(I think).  So that's two that point to me having a girl.  I hope that it turns out to be true on the 17th =)  Oh yeah, and the hb at 10 weeks was around 160....don't some believe that it points to a girl as well???

ginger813
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I tried it when I was pregnant with both of my DD's. It was right with my first, wrong with my second, so I'm not really sure I believe it's real. It's always fun to experiment though! lol 

ginger813final

ginger813
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

ug, EVERYONE told me that when I was pregnant. It's not true though. I carried REALLY low during both pregnancies, and they were both girls.

Quoting Magouirkmandi:

hope this helps <3

ginger813final

shell1m
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM

nope, sorry.  I did it and it said girl, but I'm having my 3rd son..lol. :)

in lovetoddler boytoddler boyexpecting boy  its a boy pregnant bellyI love my little family.They are my world.  :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)