Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY THOUGHTS ON BLUE DYE TESTS

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

OK SO I HAVE A POST ON HERE ABOUT THE BLUE DYE TESTS I HAVE TAKEN IN THE PAST FEW DAYS...

MY THOUGHTS...:: IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE REALLY AREN'T AS MANY FALSE POSITIVES WITH THEM AND THAT THE TEST LINE JUST SHOWS UP EASIER CUZ THE GREY IS CLOSER TO BLUE THAN PINK AND WE JUST MISTAKE IT FOR THE BLUE WHEN IT;S REALLY LIGHT? THE TEST I TOOK 1/24 AM THE TEST LINE WAS LIGHT BUT DEFINITELY BLUE BUT IDK CUZ OF ALL THE CONFUSION WITH THE BLUE DYE TESTS... COULD IT ALSO BE THAT MAYBE THE BLUE DYE PICKS UP ON THE HCG EASIER THAN THE PINK TESTS AND THAT WHEN PPL THINK ITS A FALSE POS BECAUSE THEY START THEIR PERIOD ANDTHE PINK TEST SAYS NEG THAT IT WAS JUST A CHEM PREGNANCY OR MAYBE THE LINE WAS JUST GREY AND MISINTERPERTEDC UZ YOU KNO HOW WE TWIST AND TURN AND LOOK IN DIFFERENT LIGHT LOL..

MY REASONS FOR SAYING THIS IS BECAUSE IF ALL THE BLUE DYE TESTS WERE THAT BAD WOULDNT THE MANUFACTURER RECALL THEM OR SOMTHING!? AND BESIDES WE ALL SAY HOW ACCURATE THE DIGITALS ARE AND THOSE USE BLUE DYE.... SOOO WHATS THE CONCLUSION I REALLY NEED TO KNOW CUZ MY DOLLAR SSTORE TESTS ARE STILL TELLING ME KNOW SO I DOUBT I HAVE ENOUGH HCG SEEING IM DUE ON THE 27

im a young, living on my own, anti-gay, early potty training, spanking, full time working, full time college student, non smoking, pro-life, republican, Obama hating, social drinking, anti-racist, candy allowing, christian mom who loves her 3 year old son!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashley1213
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:04 AM

From what I've read, the probelms with blue dye tests are that the evap shows up stronger and clearer, looking like a positive. Evaps can show up anytime during a test (according to peeonastick.com) , it's the color that helps you determine if it's a faint line (colored) or an evap(grey). And the evaps on a blue dye look more blue than anything (I've had 3 and I know for sure I wasn't pregnant).

starbornpoet
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM

My experience with blue dye tests are very good actually. My last cycle I tested early with blue dye tests because its all the store had left when I went in. It wasnt really even testing early as I tested the day AF was due and the after. So I tested Dec 17th and Dec 18th. I got blue lines on both and the lines were blue not greyish to any tinting. I took a pink dye and got a neg. I went to the hospital on an unrelated matter on the 22nd and got a neg there (on a pink dye) and then finally on the 26th I got my first BFP on a pink dye Dollar Tree test. On the 28th I went to the doctor to have it confirmed. The first center I went to said I wasnt so I called my OBGYN for a blood test which I paid for and they did a urine test that came up BFP and the blood work came back around 200 some HCG. I wasnt told the exact number.

Prior to getting the lines on my blue test this last cycle, I had NEVER experienced any evap line or anything on any test during the time frame, be it blue or pink. And I have taken several tests every month while ttc. And I usually kept the test at least a week after I took it to see if it would change.

Good luck hun! Keep us all posted.

Finally Pregnant with my First!

AutumnStarre
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

THATS MY PROBLEM!!! LOL CUZ I'VE TAKEN PINK TESTS UP UNTIL 8DPO AND ALL WERE NEG AND BLUE DYE TESTS THE LAST 3 DAYS WHICH ARE IN THE POST I HAVE UP WITH PICS.. AND LAST NIGHT AROUND 10 PM (AFTER 3HR HOLD) A PINK TEST WAS NEG AND THISMORNING THE PINK TEST WAS NEG... BUT THE BLUE DYE TEST I TOOK YESTERDAY WAS DEFINITELY BLUE IF YOU LOOK AT THE PICS I HAVE UP... BUT LIGHT BC I AM NOT DUE FOR AF UNTIL 27... I HAVE BEEN CRAMPING EVERY DAY SINCE I OVULATED ITS WIERD CUZ THE FIRST WEEK I WAS CRAMPING ALL OVER AND THEN IT WENT TO MAINLY MY LEFT SIDE AND NOW ITS MAINLY ON MY RIGHT SIDE AND LOWER BACK...WIERD HUH?

Quoting starbornpoet:

My experience with blue dye tests are very good actually. My last cycle I tested early with blue dye tests because its all the store had left when I went in. It wasnt really even testing early as I tested the day AF was due and the after. So I tested Dec 17th and Dec 18th. I got blue lines on both and the lines were blue not greyish to any tinting. I took a pink dye and got a neg. I went to the hospital on an unrelated matter on the 22nd and got a neg there (on a pink dye) and then finally on the 26th I got my first BFP on a pink dye Dollar Tree test. On the 28th I went to the doctor to have it confirmed. The first center I went to said I wasnt so I called my OBGYN for a blood test which I paid for and they did a urine test that came up BFP and the blood work came back around 200 some HCG. I wasnt told the exact number.

Prior to getting the lines on my blue test this last cycle, I had NEVER experienced any evap line or anything on any test during the time frame, be it blue or pink. And I have taken several tests every month while ttc. And I usually kept the test at least a week after I took it to see if it would change.

Good luck hun! Keep us all posted.

im a young, living on my own, anti-gay, early potty training, spanking, full time working, full time college student, non smoking, pro-life, republican, Obama hating, social drinking, anti-racist, candy allowing, christian mom who loves her 3 year old son!

AutumnStarre
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH YOU BC I'VE SEEN SOME WOMEN'S POSTS ON HERE WITH BLUE DYE TESTS AND THEY ARE  SOOOO GREY BUT MY TEST ARE A LIGHT BLUE... ESP THE ONE FROM YESTERDAY AM THE ONE I TOOK AT 9DPO I THINK WAS AN EVAPTHO SO THAT'S WHAT I COMPARE IT TO AND THEY ARE WAYY DIFF YOU CAN EVEN TELL IN THE NEG CUZ IT EVEN HAS COLOR THEN... I WOULD SCAN THEM INSTEAD OF TAKING A PIC BUT I JSUT GOT A NEWLAPTOP AND HAVE TO INSTALL THE CD THING FOR IT AGAIN ON THIS COMPUTER. SUCKY HUH.. IDK  BUT I THOUGH THAT EVAPS WERE LIKE A DARK/ LIGHT GREY ON BLUE DYE BUT NOT BLUE....

Quoting ashley1213:

From what I've read, the probelms with blue dye tests are that the evap shows up stronger and clearer, looking like a positive. Evaps can show up anytime during a test (according to peeonastick.com) , it's the color that helps you determine if it's a faint line (colored) or an evap(grey). And the evaps on a blue dye look more blue than anything (I've had 3 and I know for sure I wasn't pregnant).

ashley1213
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Quoting AutumnStarre:

I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH YOU BC I'VE SEEN SOME WOMEN'S POSTS ON HERE WITH BLUE DYE TESTS AND THEY ARE  SOOOO GREY BUT MY TEST ARE A LIGHT BLUE... ESP THE ONE FROM YESTERDAY AM THE ONE I TOOK AT 9DPO I THINK WAS AN EVAPTHO SO THAT'S WHAT I COMPARE IT TO AND THEY ARE WAYY DIFF YOU CAN EVEN TELL IN THE NEG CUZ IT EVEN HAS COLOR THEN... I WOULD SCAN THEM INSTEAD OF TAKING A PIC BUT I JSUT GOT A NEWLAPTOP AND HAVE TO INSTALL THE CD THING FOR IT AGAIN ON THIS COMPUTER. SUCKY HUH.. IDK  BUT I THOUGH THAT EVAPS WERE LIKE A DARK/ LIGHT GREY ON BLUE DYE BUT NOT BLUE....

Quoting ashley1213:

I was put on Yaz about 10 months after my daughter was born, and it completely stopped my periods the entire 3 months I was on it. I freaked out thinking I was pregnant, and took 3 blue dye tests. All three had faint blue lines, but I was for sure not pregnant!! It's extremely hard to tell with blue dyes for some reason unless it's a dark line. I hope it's an ealry BFP for you! I saw your other post, and I can see lines on the enhanced ones!

AutumnStarre
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Quoting ashley1213:

Quoting AutumnStarre:

Quoting ashley1213:

I was put on Yaz about 10 months after my daughter was born, and it completely stopped my periods the entire 3 months I was on it. I freaked out thinking I was pregnant, and took 3 blue dye tests. All three had faint blue lines, but I was for sure not pregnant!! It's extremely hard to tell with blue dyes for some reason unless it's a dark line. I hope it's an ealry BFP for you! I saw your other post, and I can see lines on the enhanced ones!

yeah that's what im thinking... i just feel wayy different from other months and im not just saying that...  i mean i neevverr have crampin between periods... only on the day i ovulate and the day i start my period, maybe the day after. so i have noo idea... but i mean i'm not considerin them as pos results just yet because i still havent even missed my period its due in 2 days but if it doesnt come on the 27 im going to be taking some more...

PiscesMommy311
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I just wanted to make a quick reply re the blue dye test's....there is nothing wrong with them...hundreds of women get negatives/evap lines on pink dye tests also, I know becuase i have seen sooooo many pics of womens tests (pink dye) that think have evap lines and they think they are pregnant! then it turns out they aren't......so I am sure its 50/50...they wouldn't manifacture blue dye tests if they were such a big problem. 

I also wanted to add that i used a blue dye, , target brand test and I got three positives!!!!! none of them looked grey, even the first one i took that was super super faint! The first hpt I took was at 10 or 9 dpo (jan 24th) (my positive opk was jan 14th).........which was very very very faint, but it was blue.   then i took another (same brand) on tuesday jan 26th, then it was a little darker but still faint............then today was my third test and it was MUCH darker...it was as blue as blue could be, and i haven't even "missed" my period yet.

so don't give up hope on the blue dye test's...they are just as good as the others, and if you ask me BETTER!!!!!  good luck and baby dust to you!

boy kissing momPiscesMommy311

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)