Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental and being pregnant

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hey ya'll, can you have your teeth pulled while pregnant?  I have a really bad tooth that only bothers me while I am preggo and I wanna get rid of it. Does anyone know? Does it matter how far along you are?  I mean, I just found out that we are expecting and i am 4 weeks.  Wil they still do it?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
crissysworld
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM

I would talk to your OB. Because they usually give you pain meds and i wouldn't chance it.

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating and will formula feed.

pregowithfifth
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I had my wisdom teeth pulled while preggo.  One with my first and one with my second they could only give me a local and some tylenol 3 but once the teeth were out the pain was gone and did not need the tylenol. If it is abcessed you will have to have a round of antibiotics first and if it is more than a simple pull then it may hurt more with the stiches but good luck and make sure you tell the dentist that you are preggo and how far along you.

katirae01
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM

BUMP!!   Anyone else know anything? 

CafeMom Tickers
JaydinsMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Hi Krista,

My husband is a Dentist and he said that you will need clearance from you OBGYN to go ahead and handle it. If it is a root canal that you need, they may be able to open and medicate the tooth until after the pregnancy. Generally, they like to do as little as possible. He also said that keeping the infection in your mouth could prove to be more serious to the bby than having it taken care of.

Hopefully this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know :)

Reanna

Vinsmomma
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM

My sister has had her tooth pulled while pregnant.. with no problems.. Just talk to your ob and your dentist

Misd
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Ihad to have a tooth pulled with DD and I had no probs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)