Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else with low progesterone?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:56 PM
  • 4 Replies

Well I'm taking provera and clomid and was started ut on 50 mg of clomid and went for blood work on CD21 and it came back that my progesterone level was .5!!! :( OMG it's sooo disappointing!!! Anyone else had low progesterone levels and got pregnant? If so how long did it take....I feel useless!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NCMommy2be
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM

*HUGS* I too have low progesterone. My Dr. put me on 200mg of Prometrium on CDs 16-25 and then when we get pregnant I will stay on it until my levels are consistantly stable. This is my first cycle with it and I am keeping my fingers crossed it did the trick.

all4mymarine
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Do you know for sure that you ovulated on cd14? A progesterone level of .5 means you didn't ovulate at all.  Or it means you hadn't ovulated YET.  Clomid tends to make you ovulate later in a cycle.

Start charting your temps so you know exactly when you O. Then tell the doctor that you need to come in 7 days after for a progesterone check. If they aren't monitoring by ultrasound then you need some way of telling you if you are ovulating on the Clomid or ovulating late.

I don't know why doctors have you come in on cd21 expecting a perfect 28 day cycle on Clomid. It's very misleading and confusing to the patient when you hear that you have "low" progesterone or that the Clomid didn't work when you either haven't ovulated yet or the clomid didn't work at all at that dose.

Hope this helps!

lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Wow...I didn't know that!! I'll definately start doing that and no I have no idea if I ovulated on CD14..... Thanks for the advice!

superchick2004
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Hi there.  Sorry to hear about your progesterone levels but I am right there with you.  In septemebr of '09 I started my first round of Femara 2.5 mg since I wasn't ovulating.  I went in for CD21 progesterone blood test and mine as well came back at .5.  I was devestated.  My period never came for two months so I started provera and it took two weeks after the last pill for it to start.  I then started my second round of Femara but the doctor upped it to 5.0 mg a day.  I went in for CD21 blood test and that one came back at 3.3 which is alot better but still concerning.  I did ovulate and my period started on time like it was suppose to.  I am now on my third round of Femara at 5.0 mg and I go in February 4rth for CD21 progesterone test.  If my levels are lower then 5 again then I am going to talk to the doctor to see if I need to be put on progesterone or if there is something else he can do.  He did give us the option of doing IUI once he got me ovulating so that is a possibility as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)