• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need to vent

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just hate when my overly super fertile myrtle friends try and give me crap for wanting a kid or another kid. When TTC my son they always gave me crap like "you sure you want a kid? It's a lot of work!" Well no shit sherlock! Too bad you didn't even have to WORK to get pregnant! No, I'm just destroying my body cuz it's FUN! Yes I want a damn kid! So, we get my son. He has some health issues and was a preemie (due to pre-eclampsia and I'm being monitored and chances of it happening again aren't that great). So my friend finds out my son has/had coronavirus which can lead to SARS. And she starts giving me crap again about hoping my next one isn't as sick and if we are really sure we want another one. It's not like I can't handle my son. Yeah, I get frustrated and broke down sometimes but I don't see why I shouldn't have another kid and why they feel it's their place to say anything! And she got pregnant the month she got her IUD out and we were TTC together and she had her 2nd kid in november! She has no idea what it is like to want it and WORK for it! It just happens for her! It sucks that they feel they couldn't handle my situation so I am sorry I must be stronger, but they take it for granted that they can look at a male and BAM here comes my 800th child! It just pisses me off! UGH! And I really thought she understood. She has always been sensitive about it since she is friends w/ my other friend who has PCOS too and she knows a lot about what we go through. I just hate how people think of you have a child who is sick or has difficulties you shouldn't be allowed to have another. Again, just cuz you can't handle it doesn't mean others cant or don't want to!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jmc52006
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM

i know how you feel but i would talk to my friends about not being able to get pregnant again everyone was like you should be happy with just her but to tell you the truth i sorta feel even more ashamed because i cant give my daughter a sibling

chelleybeans
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I get that same crap too. And it's not like I am not thankful for my son, I am, but what is so wrong with wanting another child? Just because I have to work a little harder doesn't mean I don't deserve as many as the next person in line! And I feel the same too. My son LOVES being around kids and I know he would love to have siblings, so I do feel bad that he may be my only child. Not only that but if my friends can dream of big families, why can't I?

Quoting jmc52006:

i know how you feel but i would talk to my friends about not being able to get pregnant again everyone was like you should be happy with just her but to tell you the truth i sorta feel even more ashamed because i cant give my daughter a sibling

we2angels
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

ditto.

my 2 1/2 yr old asks for a "baby sister" all the time (dang Elmo), i know i'm lucky i had her but am i not a good enough parent to deserve 2?

and my sister tells me because i run out of patience with my daughter that maybe one is enough for me.  this from a girl that screams at her kids all of the time (she's a look at her adn she's knocked up girl).  i know 2 kids is twice or more the work than one, but damn it i considered that before i decided to try.

Proud SAHM to my beautiful Milena
She is the color in my world...

mendedrose
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I have two little boys but this is my first time actually TTC. I hate how others make comments about how I should be happy with the two that I have. I am happy with them but what is so wrong if I want to have a third and final one. I want them to be fairly close together in age. My oldest will be 5 in August and my youngest will be turning two on Wed. If I get pregnant I will be due around Oct and they will still be fairly close in age. Is that to much to ask for?? I am tired of hearing ppl tell me to be thankful for the two I have. I finally started to tell them, my sister included, that it really hurts my feelings when they say things like that and that I am thankful I would just like to have one more and that is that. If they don't want to be supportive I just don't talk to them about it. I talk to three coworkers, who are very supportive of me wanting another, and you ladies. That is all the support I need. Oh and my dad is supportive to, he is the only parent I have left. I am sorry that it is so hard for you to TTC hun and who cares what others say about you wanting another one. If you want one then that is that. It is your life and no one elses. I am sorry that your friend is no longer all that supportive about you wanting to have another. I hope that you get your BFP soon hun. Good Luck!!!!

LilyBeansMom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I have more issues than the average mom - and I want another child!  How on earth would that be anyone else's business?  Hope you find some less judgemental and more supportive people in your life!!

~  Lisa  ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)