Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know it's a long shot but I feel pregnant and worry about upcoming surgery

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

So I have a surgery on my knee coming up, not yet scheduled but will be in the next few weeks.  I won't be able to test for a while unless I wanna try and test early.  I had my IUD removed just before I O'ed I think.  So I know it's probably a long shot, but I've had headaches everyday and I'm even more tired than I normally am.   I think they just do general anethesia on my knee but I'm worried if the stress and pain will do anything if I am, or pain meds they might give me afterwards.  I've having weird CM type stuff and I don't think I'm O'ing now.  I don't even know, I'm just worried. 

My surgery is because I have broken pieces of cartliage up under my knee cap causing my knee cap to be crooked and to grind against the cartliage. Lets just say I'm in a lot of pain everyday and I still do everything like normal as a SAHM.  they have to go in and remove the cartliage, scrape out my knee, lube it up and realign my knee cap.  Fun Stuff.

I've had a c-section  so I know I can handle the surgery, I just worry about if I'm pregnant.

UGH!

Lilypie - (yWyP)

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
crissysworld
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:38 PM

My knee surgery is similar but oh boy yeah you will be hurtin. Maybe hold off a week or so and also tell them before there might be a chance of pregnancy. I know before they even took me back i had to do a test or they couldn't do it. Good luck,.

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating and will formula feed.

LilyBeansMom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

When I had surgery last year they did blood tests even when I was sure I wasn't pregnant.  Don't worry too much - it will be okay!!

~  Lisa  ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)