Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women whos husbands work away from home...

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

My Dear and Wonderful Husband Ryan is my best friend. I am so thankful that he supports and takes care of us (my daughter and myself) and that in this economy he has an amazing job that allows  him to take care of us the way he loves and wants to do.

However, he has to work out of town every now and then and it is really hard on me. He is gone to Orlando right now (he left Wednesday) and he wont be back until Tuesday. It is really hard on my DD because she doesn't fully understand time and why he has been gone for so long.

I have to say if any of you have husbands that work away for long periods of time I want to give you all an applause because you are brilliant and strong women!

And let me say this:

The women who have husbands/significant others who are overseas or in the service, I am so incredibly thankful to every single one of you!

Those men who fight for our freedom and protection are so incredibly blessed to have you in their lives! I know because I was a Navy brat and moved from base to base to base and my mother was the strongest woman I knew because she held it all together for months and months at a time.

So please let me say a huge thank you!!

so here is to us! the women who hold it all together when our men are away and still manage to TTC and plan cycles and all of the craziness involved in that!!!

Samantha-
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
graphics for moms

graphics for moms

graphics for moms

by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
junebug6183
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM

my husband is a trucker and is gone for a few days at the most. When he had training we were apart for a month and it was so hard! I applaude all the military ladies....I dont think I am strong enough for that!

kaismama1006
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:57 AM

My hubby trims trees out of power lines for the power company, it is a very dangerous job and I'm thankful everyday that he comes home to me.  I can't imagine being the wife of someone overseas.  I'm very grateful for the men and women who are overseas fighting for our country and the families who support them back home.  My brother just recently returned from iraq and I have 1 nephew and 1 niece that are both marines, and a nephew that just joined the national guard, he leaves for boot camp next month, he lives with me right now actually.

My hubby did got to texas after hurricane katrina to help with the clean up of the trees and power lines.  he was gone for over a month.  I missed him dearly.

ben127
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:06 AM

its alot of hard work to be away from our husbands. its been 8 weeks since he's been gone and i have another 3 weeks to go. he's been gone for 9 months now total with 3 breaks. the shortest was 36 hrs and the longest was christmas. i think any woman who's husband would be able to call on the power to hold it together and be there when he came home. we all have it in us. we just don't know until we need to do it. :) but it is hard. and lonely. and EXTREAMLY hard to conceive. lol.

DeziiRee
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:09 AM

my husband works night shift at a factory...it sucks bc he has been working 12hr nights, but starting next week until october its going to be worse...since all the toyota recalls he is losing all his over time and they are making them use the 2wk paid vaca when they want, so one wk next month and again in april....so we are gonna be stretched and even though i dont want to im going to have to get a job so my poor hub wont have to work 2...sorry to go on but we just found out and it feels so much better getting it out.

Reeder
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM

sadMy husband builds power lines. He is mostly gone Mon-Thurs but he just got a new job in Tulsa OK and works 2weeks on and 3days off(if that).  He is trying to find a way for me to start going with him on the road but its alot of money and i wont be able to go all the time. I feel yalls pain!!

channingsmom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM

My husband is a pilot and is gone for two weeks at a time. He is gone 19 days this time. It does get to be hard, we make the best of it. I met my husband when I was a flight attendant, we have never been together for long periods of time. I can handle it, it's my son who has a hard time, but he talks to daddy on webcam, and it makes it alot easier. What is hard is that he is NEVER home on holidays. We had to have Christmas a week late....

jessicaroberts3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Yea theres a couple times I had to put TTC on hold of a year due to deployment.  But hes home and we are back to it. 

smileyashmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:19 AM

My DH goes on business trips a couple of times a month.  Some times he's gone a full week at a time.  It does get hard on both of us and very hard on ds.  And it does make TTC difficult.  Next month DH is going to be gone for part of my fertile week.  But it only takes 1 swimmer to get to that egg so I'm still hopeful :)

crissysworld
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I was little when my dad was a trucker, well he still is but he isn't gone like he was. Does your dh have a cell phone where she could talk to dad while he is away?

Benjamins-mama
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM
My husband is in the army. And he gets deployed about 3 months or so after this baby is born. So it will definitely be tough with 2 kids to take care of
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured