Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Started today, need help and support tracking my cycles ladies!!! please help me

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

Well yet again I thought that I was preggo but last night after Baby dancing, dear AF came, so today i decided to start tracking my cycles and try to figure out when I am ovualting, I have PCOS so it is hard to determine my cycle length, I can go up to 4 months and no AF, this cycle was only 45 days since the last one. I have been told to take my temp every morning, i am getting a thermometer when I get paid, how does that work?? And here is a question i might get bashed for, When you are ovulating you are fertile right? or is it before or after?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Sweet_Britt
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Hi!!

For taking your temp, you use a special thermometer, and take your temp FIRST thing in the morning, EVERY morning. Dont even get up to pee, just doing THAT can raise your temp. You need it to be the first thing you do. And write it down right away. There are several great websites you can track it on, where you input your temps and it shows you where you are in your cycle : )

As for fertilization, by you Ovulating, it means your fertile. Your BEST time to get pregnant is in the 12-48 hours after getting a positive OPK. But most women "BD" for several days before it because its believed its best to have spermies waiting for the egg.

HOWEVER, with taking temps, I believe it shows you AFTER the fact, that you ovulated. There is a difference in your temps that shows that your body ovulated : ) With a little practice, you will learn what temps you have when you are ovulating. Every womans temps are different!

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/basal-body-temperature-charting.html

Heres an article that might help out : )

Best wishes!! Hope this helped!

LilyBeansMom
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I use fertilityfriend.com.  There are lessons on everything you need to know about charting, ovulating, and other signs you can check.  It also keeps track of everything for you.

Armygirl2299703
by on Feb. 23, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I 2nd using fertilityfriend.com I've been using it for a couple years to keep track of everything so when I am TTC I can just put it up and look at my cycles from the past and figure anything out that I might need/want to. Good luck! I know the frustrations on TTC..it took me and my ex nearly 2yrs due to my thyroid problem that screws up my periods.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)