Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Preggo Tests...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hey Ladies!  I have a question.  Ok, I got a box of pregnancy tests today from walmart and it's first response... it says it can let you know up to 6 days before a missed period.  Has anyone taken the test 6 days prior... or know anyone that has and got a BFP?  I am getting anxious and I want to test tomorrow because that will be about 6 days before a missed period (at the earliest... normally my period will come anywhere from 29days to 33 days a part... tomorrow is at 30 days), and I want to test, but I don't want to be disappointed with a BFN if it's likely to give me that result that soon anyway.  HeLp?!

im-a-princess.gif

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
candcsmom2008
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Yeah it is very likely.. Many ladies on here have got there BFP's up to 5 days early. GL MOMMA

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I always waited for the first day of missed period, because it really hurts to get false neg. from testing early (even thou they say you can test early) and then at least you'll have a firm answer

Suz_and_Ash
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Look at the directions.  It will only give a pos result for a certain percentage of women.  You may or may not fall into that percentage.  If you do take it tomorrow, make sure it is with FMU because that pee will have the greatest concentration of HCG.  Good luck!!

MrsNewman
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:18 PM

i did. same test. it was faint, but it was there.

mom2Bellarose
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I was just wondering the same thing :)

proverbs2410
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Thank you ladies. I think I am going to try to wait it out a few days longer.  I've been waking up feeling sick to my stomach in the wee hours of the morning.  It could just be nerves... but I sure hope it's because I'm going to be seeing a BFP soon.  :P

im-a-princess.gif

makenzimommy09
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM

idk. i just went through a ton of first responses and got 2 BFP's and then a few BFN's and got excited for nothing because AF showed her face today :(  GL momma!

Hrivera5
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I would try to wait it out as long as possible!  Its hard to do that though I know LOL.  I think the women who get a positive that early are those that build up a lot of HCG, and not everyone does...so its best to wait till you miss your period...or even a couple of days after that.  Give yourself time to build up that HCG and get a nice dark line :)

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:45 PM

it was actually a week before my missed period and i was so surprised that i found out so soon and the test was very dark.my hcg were apparently very high already for me to be able to tell that soon.i even had my fist ultrasound early because i had just miscarried the month before,i was only about 5 1/2 weeks she still looked like a bean but i could already hear her heart her heart beat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)