Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was so excited to get AF after IUD removal, but now super heavy bleeding.. TMI?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

I was so excited to see spotting on Wednesday, cause it's at least some sign of something since my IUD removal.  So spotting we to a regular AF bleeding on Thursday but all day today I have been having crazy heavy bleeding.  I started getting scared when I bleed through a tampon and a pad in like 20 mins.  I even had to resort to running to Wal-Mart to buy overnight pads to wear even with a super tampon.  I have gross disgusting huge clots that I can just feel gushing out. I'm sure this is WAY TMI.  I ended up calling the OB on call and asking if I should be worried. 

But I feel a little better now, she said it's quite normal after an Mirena removal.  I have always had a super light AF that only lasts 3 days.  And I haven't had any pads or tampons in my house for over a year cause I NEVER had a period.  So DH and I think this is my bodies way of saying F you for not having AF for over a year. LOL. 

Anyway just thought I'd share my exciting news to know where the hell I am in my cycle.  CD 3 so happy to know now.  Now we can start TTC for real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I'm writing in Pink cause We're gonna try for a girl!!

Thanks for listening to my craziness!!

Baby Dust to all!!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BlessednHappy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Welcome to the bandwagon....GL and lots of baby dust to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cmyfantasyworld
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Aw good luck! I had a Paragard IUD that I had removed last month, but af came and went so now its our first month ttc after the IUD. : ) 

Mikelas_Mom
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:17 AM

I did the same thing when I had my Mirena removed. And I hardly ever have heavy periods. I told my hubby the same thing lol its my body catching up to all those missed periods! Good luck! PINK baby dust to you! :)

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Yay congrats on your start on TTC.I too just had the Mirenan removed on Feb.2 and had some bleeding that lasted for almost a week.im still unsure if it was AF or just bleeding from the removal.But i am also on my cycle day 3,AF came 2 days early from the bleeding removal.Im so excited to find someone in the exact same boat as me.Im hoping to have a new baby in the house right before christmas.If AF doesnt show up on or before the 28th im going to wait and test on the 31st because its my hubby's B-day.Good luck to you.And Lots of PINK baby dust.

LovesPeanut
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Wow!! Soooo crazy! So I went almost 3 years with the Mirena... got mine out on Wed.s... If yours is this crazy- what's mine going to be like!? o.O hahaha!! Well goodluck and ~Baby Dust~ to you guys!!

kaismama1006
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Thanks ladies!! I'm finally done bleeding and Hoping I O on the 18th like planned, which should be CD 16 Yay!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)