Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm am so scared.

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

i am almost 20 and i need advice on how to tell my super religous family that i'm pregnant before marriage, Which the father of the baby and i are engaged but they don't know that yet. I don't want to tell them the way my sister did. She told them she was 3 months and she was getting married, I want to let them know that just because i am pregnant that we are not gonna rush our wedding, I love my fiance and he has been there for me for everything, and my family loves him. I'm just scared of her reaction and how should i go about telling her. PS i still live with her. any adviceembarrassed

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LovesPeanut
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Best thing I could suggest- just tell them. If they have lived life, they will understand pregnancy happens to the best of us, whether intentional or not. Then if they don't "approve", do what is best for you, your fiancee and your child. You can't live your life to always please everyone. Were you guys looking at getting married soon? If so and you are looking to please your family that the baby is not born out of wedlock, maybe speed up the marriage process... know what I mean? What's done is done and if they love you, they should accept it and support you. I know how super religious families go- my inlaws are like this and my family really isn't and it was a shocker to them that their son was marrying someone who wasn't religious. They get over it and learn to accept it and now they are happy with his decision to marry me! lol! So if they are mad right away, just give it time and they should grow to embrace the love you are adding to the world :) Goodluck!!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

scaredoflabor
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I was in the same boat. I ended up miscarrying and i feel its from stressing over family. I could not do it in person as i did not want to remember the look of disapointment on her face so I texted her. She told everyone else. It was not how i wanted to do it but Thats how I told her about all my pregnancys. I then let herhave a day or 2to calm down and if she called me or wanted to talk then she knew where to find me

If you want to do itin personjust tell them that you all are engaged and just found out your pregnant. You dont want them to be mad and you dont want them rushing marrage. You want to keep the wedding plans on scedual as your not rushing it do to being pregnant. We wanted you to hear it from us and not someone else. If they are to get mad and what not tell them you dont want to handle stress and possibly loose the baby and go to your room or something. Are you sared she would kick you out or something? or just that she will be disapointed?

SuperSavy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:22 PM

that she will kick me out lol

jaden_122308
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:42 AM

the best advice I can give. is let them know that it is a blessing it may have come earlyer then you were expecting but it is still a blessing and your going to marry the dad. just maybe not before the baby is here. I got pregnant with my frist while we were planning our wedding. I didnt change the date or anything. I was 6 months prego at our wedding. our familys took it well. and im sure since your of age they wont say much. good luck hope all works out

starbornpoet
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I have to agree. Just tell them straight up about it. Explain it to them that you are engaged explain how long youve been engaged just tell them that you wanted to keep it a secret for a while as a couple. A lot of couples dont rush to tell the world that they are getting married. As for the pregnancy, you should tell them that as well. I would suggest having the soon to be husband there with you to help you feel better and to have less stress... 

Good luck to you. Take it easy and try to relax. Maybe you should look into moving in with the soon to be husband soon as well.

Best wishes!

SuperSavy
by on Mar. 8, 2010 at 2:11 AM

we are trying to find a suitable decent place not many open in our small town.

Bjoycassell
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM

I know how you feel, I was 17 when I got preg for my 1st and my family was super religious too, and I was living at home, and in high school ( see it could be worse) oh and my father hate my boyfriend ( whom I haven't even seen in years now, the old boy friend not my dad) so anyway...just tell them, they might be upset, disappointed etc. but they will get over it! Just excitedly tell them "guess what I'm engaged! and I have even better news! I'm pregnant!" just be really positive and happy about the whole thing!

Benjamins-mama
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 9:30 AM

just be honest and how you feel.  i was 21 when i had my first child and i was scared to tell my parents.  they werent super religious but i was still scared.  they supported me with what I wanted to do and didn't try to force me into doing something i wasn't comfortable with.   I know its scary but just sit down with them and tell them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)