Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st month TTC...could use some advice

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

This is our first month trying to conceive.  I am 10 days PO.  Depending on my cycle length, (28-30 days), I should get AF around Tuesday, March 9.  We did the BD every other day around the time of ovulation.  I took an early response test around 4:45 this morning.  I had to go to the bathroom and wanted to use my most concentrated urine.  It came back clearly negative. 

My questions is:  Is all hope lost?  Should I test again or am I probably not pregnant?  What are your opinions or advice?

I have been reading these boards for months and respect your thoughts!

Thanks!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
keljo05
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:53 AM

don't lose hope yet. I tested negative on day 12.. but positive on day 16. Its frustrating, especially when you've done all you can that should end up in a BFP to see the negative.. with luck you're first try will work great.. but give it a few more days

mamagoose718
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I would wait a few days and then test again.  When I was pregnant with my son, it took me until i was already almost 7wks pregnant for the hpt to get a faint positive.  Good Luck!

winelover1017
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM

any more advice ladies?

chelleybeans
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I would just wait and test on the day AF is due. When I was pregnant w/ my son I took a test 3 days before my period and it was negative. I took a test on my period due date, negative again. Finally at 3 days late for my period I got a BFP. So just wait and keep testing.

winelover1017
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Thanks!  I keep analyzing every symptom I have.  I had no idea I would be this way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)