Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous and Waiting!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi Ladies ~

I'm new around here.  I have been reading your posts for the past couple days, and you all have really helped getting me through my long time of not knowing and waiting.

Me and my hubbby are TTC #1. I am 11 days late for AF as of today.  My cycles are usually 39-41 days, and I am now on day 51.  I have been testing since a few days before AF was due with nothing but BFNs. So frustrating! I finally called my Dr on Wednesday (at 1 week late), and after a detailed discussion, the nurse told me to give it one more week, and if nothing by then, they  will have me come in for a blood test.  Well, I took a test yesterday morning w/ FMU, and yet another BFN (although I thought I saw something. I think I always do anymore - lol).  So, I took another one when I got home from work at about 6pm.  I didn't see anything is the appropriate time.  I did end up leaving the test in the bathroom.  When I went to bed I decided to just look at it again.  Well, there was no denying that there was a 2nd line there now!!! I showed my hubby and he saw it to.  I did tell him that it was after the time that we were supposed to read it, but I have taken A LOT of these tests in the last 3 weeks, and none of them have ever looked like this hours later.  I'm so excited, but so nervous that it's just an evap line. 

So my hubby is now out at the store buying a few more tests.  I asked him to get a couple different ones, so we can do them all.  I have my FMU just waiting in a cup - lol.  Ohhhhh, I hope this is it!!! I'll be back with results.

Here's a pic of the test from yesterday evening.  It's hard to see in the pic, but it's def there.  It is pink.  It has gotten a little lighter since last night, but still there and still pink.  Fingers crossed!

Update 3/10/10 : Well, today I am officially 2 weeks late. Still no sign of AF, and still getting bfn's. My doctor sent me to get blood work done, and I should have the results by tomorrow morning. *Fingers crossed* I am now to the point that I am making myself nauseous (since going to the lab) worrying about what the results will be.  All of the waiting the past two weeks has sucked, but I think this next 24 hrs is going to make me sick - lol.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTCMommyof2
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I seee it!!!!!!!! Its kinda blurry but its there!! Test again and post pics!

BABY DUST FOR U

baby dust

julieobug
by Julie on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I'm sorry to say that when I took those test though they are reliable they have a wicked evap line...and its pink too...I want to give you some hope but I had a bunch of false + with those last month. good luck and I hope that you get your BFP soon!!!

Mrs.Arney
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Good luck and baby dust!! Be careful reading the tests after the reccomended amount of time, because they can give you a false positive. so let us know what happens with the other tests!!

baby dust

BlessednHappy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Quoting TTCMommyof2:

I seee it!!!!!!!! Its kinda blurry but its there!! Test again and post pics!

BABY DUST FOR U

baby dust

crissysworld
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I wouldn't trust those tests knows for false postives. Good luck.

JLO815
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Thank you all! Well, I took another test and bfn. :(  Uggghhh! I hate the "not knowing". I did get another line way after the 10 min passed, but I'm not going to count anything until it happens when it's supposed to. It does make me wonder though cause I've taken many of these same exact tests and never had any sort of line show up later or the next day. I'm trying to not get my hopes up though. I guess I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. If nothing by Wednesday I'll be calling my dr to schedule an appt.

shrugging

hbr4ever
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Hang in there and I would go to the dr's office and have them do a pt

JLO815
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Update in red.

Hrivera5
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Good luck with the blood test!  Update when you hear!  Baby dust to you honey!

Lilypie - (tcb1)
Lilypie - (a0qu)

JLO815
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Thank you so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)