Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

charting question.. new and need help!!!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

So i am now on cycle day 43!!!!  yes 43!  Of a normal 28 day cycle.  So i decided i would get a BBT while i wait for AF to show up and start taking my temp so i can practice and get in the routine of taking my temp every morning.  So i had a dip and now my temp is up it looks like and ovulation dip which i would be ovulating right now if i had my period when i was supposed to.  If I am pregnant then what would my temps be like... and if im not i happened to BD while it says there was ovulation... i have no idea .  Anyone ever temp while they were pregnant?  Oh and i have taken HPTs all negative and i went and got a blood test at my docs request this morning but wont find out the results until monday or tuesday

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Suz_and_Ash
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:57 PM

There is no temp that would say 'you are pregnant'.  A regular cycle of temps starts off low(but what is low for one person, may not be low for another), and can be up and down within a few decimal points.  Then most women get a rise just after they ovulate and stay higher during their lutal phase.  If you are pregnant, then they usually stay up, but if you are not, it usually drops the day or day before your period starts.  This is it in a nutshell.  If you sign up to fertility friend they send you emails that goes over it all.  Including cervical mucus and position.  Good luck to you!!!

melissa920
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:18 PM

:D if only it were this easy to know if you were pg or not, save a lot of money on tests! Ditto what she said and Good luck!

Quoting Suz_and_Ash:

There is no temp that would say 'you are pregnant'.  A regular cycle of temps starts off low(but what is low for one person, may not be low for another), and can be up and down within a few decimal points.  Then most women get a rise just after they ovulate and stay higher during their lutal phase.  If you are pregnant, then they usually stay up, but if you are not, it usually drops the day or day before your period starts.  This is it in a nutshell.  If you sign up to fertility friend they send you emails that goes over it all.  Including cervical mucus and position.  Good luck to you!!!

LuvNmyGrl
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Oh i was just wondering if there was someone on here that did temps while they were pregnant.  But my question was more of an ovulation question... i will find out on monday or tesuday if i am in fact pregnant... thanks though 

Jewels11
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Quoting LuvNmyGrl:

Oh i was just wondering if there was someone on here that did temps while they were pregnant.  But my question was more of an ovulation question... i will find out on monday or tesuday if i am in fact pregnant... thanks though 

I temped this past cycle and temped for a few extra days into my pregnancy. Here is my Chart from Fertility Friend: (The green lines are the Pregnancy temps). I have an irregular cycle and decided to randomly test on CD 28 and it was positive. My Cycles ranged from 23 to 85 days. I took Vitex Nov 9th to Dec 25 (46 days and got AF, compared to my previous chart of 85 days). Took Vitex again Dec 25th to Jan 21 (28 days) when I got my BFP. Currently 10 wks! =) Good Luck Monday or Tuesday!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2377ea

melissa920
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Looks like a beautiful implantation dip on cd 29! Congrats!

Quoting Jewels11:

Quoting LuvNmyGrl:

I temped this past cycle and temped for a few extra days into my pregnancy. Here is my Chart from Fertility Friend: (The green lines are the Pregnancy temps). I have an irregular cycle and decided to randomly test on CD 28 and it was positive. My Cycles ranged from 23 to 85 days. I took Vitex Nov 9th to Dec 25 (46 days and got AF, compared to my previous chart of 85 days). Took Vitex again Dec 25th to Jan 21 (28 days) when I got my BFP. Currently 10 wks! =) Good Luck Monday or Tuesday!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2377ea

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)