Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Instead Cups

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: How long to concieve using Instead cups?

Options:

1-3 months

4-6 months

6+ months

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

I was wondering of all you ladies who have used them before, how long did it take to get preggo??

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Britt
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:58 PM

We used them every month we were TTC and never had success until Feb. But i dont think it was the Instead Cups really. Or it may have been a combination of them and other things? idk.

I used a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, Preseed and Instead Cups.

*We were TTC 7-8 months before we got our POS*

Pregnancy%20ticker

jenniferw10
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM

What is an instead cup?

evilstepmoth101
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I have used them but no luck yet.

AmandaN1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Quoting jenniferw10:

What is an instead cup?

I'm guessing you havent used them?? hehehe

they are made for catching menstural fluid from the inside. lol they have a pliable rim and a almost like bag attached to it to catch the flow.  But a lot of women use them right after sex to help hold your man's swimmers as close to the cervix as possible.  They're also disposable, but some women wash them out and re use (even tho company doesnt recommend).

Sweet_Britt
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Quoting AmandaN1:

Quoting jenniferw10:

What is an instead cup?

they are made for catching menstural fluid from the inside. lol they have a pliable rim and a almost like bag attached to it to catch the flow.  But a lot of women use them right after sex to help hold your man's swimmers as close to the cervix as possible.  They're also disposable, but some women wash them out and re use (even tho company doesnt recommend).

I dont recommend that at all for the intended purpose here...lol. We want the cups as sterile as possible when they will be carrying living sperm, and also being inserted into the vagina. I wouldnt want to risk them killing the sperm due to water left over in the cup and confusing them. and you dont want possible sperm carrying the germs or goodness knows whats left over from the water, into your cervix....

LOL.

AmandaN1
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Quoting AmandaN1:

Quoting jenniferw10:

What is an instead cup?

I dont recommend that at all for the intended purpose here...lol. We want the cups as sterile as possible when they will be carrying living sperm, and also being inserted into the vagina. I wouldnt want to risk them killing the sperm due to water left over in the cup and confusing them. and you dont want possible sperm carrying the germs or goodness knows whats left over from the water, into your cervix....

LOL.

Thats probably very true! I was just repeating what I've been told/read soooo doesnt mean its always right! hehe

Sweet_Britt
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Quoting AmandaN1:

Thats probably very true! I was just repeating what I've been told/read soooo doesnt mean its always right! hehe

Oh i know what you mean! Ive heard of women doing it too, but the idea of it scared me...lol. Its PROBABLY more then likely fine, but such a delicate area, with such a delicate purpose, i didnt want to risk it...LOL

Pregnancy%20ticker

maybebaby83
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Same here!! the combo worked WONDERS!! and fast!!

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

AmandaN1
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

Quoting AmandaN1:

Oh i know what you mean! Ive heard of women doing it too, but the idea of it scared me...lol. Its PROBABLY more then likely fine, but such a delicate area, with such a delicate purpose, i didnt want to risk it...LOL

yep I agree!

AmandaN1
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Quoting maybebaby83:

Same here!! the combo worked WONDERS!! and fast!!

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

I'll be honest....umm....I'm kinda cheap for that fertility monitor thing lol....but its been less than a year of trying, maybe if I get closer to that limit we'll see.....lol

but really think I wanna try those cups....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)