Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it sucks not being able to tell friends/family about TTC

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM
  • 30 Replies
I hate the fact that I cannot share my TTC news with my friends & family. Knowing my mom & grandma they would NOT be happy about it & try to talk me out of it. They didn't think I was ready for my DD, and were less than supportive during my pregnancy until the end when they started to get excited about the prospect of a new baby. I've only told my best friend of 12 years, and his response was "That's not surprising you want another baby." I said "Why?" He says "Because you're a baby making machine.". He is a gay man though, so its not like he can completely understand, but still. I just hate that I have to be hush hush about it. It makes me feel so alone going through this with only my hubby knowing (well except for the support from you awesome ladies!) What is wrong with wanting to bring another child into the world and give it a strong loving family? It almost seems like nowadays people are more "okay" with the idea of someone getting knocked up by accident than if they went knowingly into a planned pregnancy. This world has gone crazy!
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candylois
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:23 AM

agreed... i'm sorry your family isn't more supportive of you wanting another baby :[  that would be tough.  my family is pretty supportive so i feel very lucky.  i know it doesn't compare, but you have us :D  

pnut1027
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I know how you feel.  DH & I have only told a few friends.. My family would not be very supportive.  I always hear you don't need another baby or 2 is enough for you.. But my younger sister that is not married just had baby#5 in Feb and it seems everyone was so excited for her.  I don't get it either.  Good luck to you tho & lots of Baby dust.

vcarver
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Yes, I agree this world has gone crazy... I am experiencing a simliar story. My Dh and I have decided to leave the amount of children up the lord. And we are TTC #4, and no one understands, My mom will ask are you pregnant and I say "no" and she says "thank god!" and it hurts my feelings. My SIL had her first child 9/29/09 but he was still born, and now it a huge deal, witht he hospital and so on and so forth. and she said she doesn't want me to get pregnant before her, and it is just hectic! 

No one understands Children are Blessings, Not burdens!!!!!

Waiting16years
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:36 AM

oh my hun i'm sorry u got to do this without your family hun....

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Sorry to hear your family isn't supportive. I happened to slip the idea of another baby into a conversation with my mom and she's like "dont you dare have another baby yet!". I wanted to cry. My DD is 10 months and I dont know how my mom could say that since me and my brother are 18 months apart,(plus I'm a twin) so she had 3 kids under 3!! WTF! My mom wasnt supportive of my pregnancy with DD either until the end and now she cant get enough of her.

momof3inTN
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I understand what you are going through, it's the same for my husband and I. We already have 3 children and everyone keeps saying, "So you're done now, right?" No matter how many times we have explained that we both want a large family (I was an only child and my husband only had the 1 brother). We want a houseful of children to love! And then a houseful of grandchildren to adore! It is frustrating and aggrevating to always keep it bottled up inside that we are trying for baby #4 (6 months of TTC now).

LaMaisonDuMoi
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 10:27 AM

YUCK!  I totally agree, this world has gone crazy!  My moms side is the exact same way.  They see babies as a curse.  My mom has told me before she wishes she hadn't had my sister and I when she did, which basically means she wouldn't have us.  I have found that people like this can not even comprehend our point of view.  It is a good thing you haven't told them.  It sucks to not have family as a support.  Hugs.

candra186
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Oh, I feel you on that! If I get preg, I'm gonna have to wait until I start showing to tell anyone. My mom will give me the worst time =( Well husband wants a baby really bad, so that's all that matters, right?!

pixienelfdreams
by Jess 😊 on Mar. 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Thats the truth! My friends say, we wont be able to hang out for a while. lol UM Im trying to get pregnant Im not in an iron lung! Its great to have so many people on here that are supportive. Especially when so many IRL are back turners.

mamagoose718
by on Mar. 31, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I know how your feeling.  My side of the family is very supportive, but dh's side is always saying how we shouldn't have anymore, everyone else in the family stopped at 2, and that I should have gotten fixed after having my second.  So, i know they won't be thrilled when we finally do get our bfp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)