Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms Who Have Had A Miscarriage.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

I don't even know where to start with this but..I'm currently in the process of a miscarriage..It sucks.. Me and DH really wanted this baby it would have been my 2ND and his first.. He really wants to try again. I've never gone through this before. My Dr. is having me come hack weekly to check on my hormone levels just to make sure they're going back to 0.. He said it doesn't look like I'm gonna have any problems and that I don't need a D&C because I already have an empty uterus. I was just wondering how soon after should I expect my period to come back. (I know every ones different) but I'd definitely like a variety of answers.. Anything/input will be appreciated.. No one that I know has gone through a miscarriage so I want to learn everything that I can of what to expect here in the next little while..

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Well i guess to my body the miscarriage was also part of my AF because a month after i miscarried i found out i was pregnant with my daughter now 2yrs old.Ive heard that your extra fertile after a miscarriage.Good luck and baby dust. 

supermom892
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 AM

2-3 weeks but it all depends on how far along you are. I was 3 months along and a sr in High School. We wanted that baby so bad but looking back i think it was a blessing we didnt because our marriage wouldnt be as great and strong as it is now if we got pregnant so young. I know its baby 2 for you but keep your chin up it will happen when its supposed to everything happens for a reason. Wejust now started tring again after all these years we realized we were not ready for a kid,  I wanted to be in my late 20s and so did he. GL and lot of baby dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

welcome spring.gif baby dustttcsweepinggardening

dmays
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:40 AM

i dont remember how long after i got it with my first that was in 05... with my second one in oct of 08 i didnt get it cus in nov of 08 i found out i was pregnant again but i had another one in dec of 08 and didnt get my period til jan of 09 that time...

Nickie76
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM

I'm sorry your going through this... I've had 2 MC's, one 1st trimester @ 10wks. and my last was in Dec. and she was 18 wks. For the 1st it took 4 weeks for my period the 2nd. one took almost 6. My cycle this time didn't get back 2 normal and now I'm preggers (Intentionally) I have a 10 day window... According 2 my LMP I should be just shy of 6 wks. Give yourself some time should you happen 2 try again. It's usually 3 cycles. If you have any questions feel free 2 PM me. Again I'm very sorry for your loss.

~NICKIE

bxbsmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I never had a period. I was pregnant 2 or 3 weeks later.

starbornpoet
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I had an early miscarriage (they didnt even date it because I waited so long due to not knowing I was pregnant). I bled for a little over a month... and then finally after it stopped and my levels were normal it took right at 6 weeks for my period to come back.. We decided not to try during that time because we had no idea when to test and we had already been told the possible risk of the uterus not holding up. The miscarriage was in Aug of 09 and we got pregnant during our Nov 09 cycle. Currently we are 17 weeks (right at 18 weeks pregnant). So far, so good. So have faith mama!

Mom2MonkeyGeese
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:18 AM

my levels zeroed out around the 1st of March after the weekly blood tests like you are having, and my period started on the 18th of March....this was my 1st one too so I wasn't sure what to expect!  Also, expect your PMS symptoms and your period flow to be different than it was before, mine was longer with fewer cramps...go figure!

Della03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Im sorry for ur loss :( After I had my m/c 7 yrs ago, my OB put me on birth control to where I had 2 periods a month for 3 months....to help clean my system out. Then after that time frame i had regular cycles as long as I was on bc but everyone is different. GL momma!

Alifaye
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:21 PM

After our loss at 18 weeks nov 09, it took about 5 weeks for my next cycle and it was very light! I'm now on my 4th cycle ttc! good luck

nikibishop30
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I had a m/c in April 2007, another in June 2007, and got pregnant with my son, Memphis, in August 2007.  I had regular periods right after the m/c and yes, you are very fertile after a m/c.  hang in there, just keep trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)