Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is my story,..

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have a beautiful 15 yr old daughter that i had at 19. Her father and I were to gether from ther age of 13 till 22. After he and I split I had my tubes clamped shut thinking I would noever want kids with anyone again. Now I have ben married to the boy, or man I grew up across the streat from and ironically gave me my DD fathers number way back when. Last year in Jan. we had my tubal reversed after taking out a home equity loan, much thought and concideration went into it, but I knew I did want another baby, we have been to gether for 8 yrs now, and trying since feb. 09' to concieve.  1 follopian tube is collapsed now leaving me with ONE GOOD SIDE. And have been put on clomid to speed things up. I dont think it worked this month as every EPT I have taken is a BFN. But dont know when to expect AF becouse they told me ( docter )  that my cycle will most likely be longer, but as I said every test has said NOPE, please try again. So here I am 35 years old wanting a baby thinking if this does not work I dont know what we would do. I dont think we could afford IUI, or anything else after spending so much money to have the reversal surgery done.   Anyway , thats me....! What about you ????

LOVE ME, WANT ME, FEAR ME...............................................................................................................                                                                                                                                                                                           
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dmays
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:36 AM

i am 24 years old been ttc since jan 08 for our 1st (since we got married). i had gotten pregnant in 05 with my boyfren back then but had a miscarriage at 12 wks... i got pregnant again in sept of 08 thought it was gonna be a great bday present only to find out on my bday that i had a blighted ovum had that miscarriage the next month... went to dr for a physical in nov of that same year they did a routine pregnancy test and it was a faint positive dr sent me for blood work to see if it was from previous miscarriage or if it was a new pregnancy well it was a new one my levels went from 34 to 94 within 48 hrs... went in for u/s cus i wasnt sure how far along i was they found ges. sac, yolk sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat dr said it maybe to early to detect i was measuring at 5wks 1day went back 2wks later and had another u/s and was still measuring the same 5wks 1day and they still couldnt find a heart beat on dec of 08 i had my third miscarriage. in jan of 09 i went to a reproductive endochronologist and upon doin the first test (an u/s) he told me i have polycystic ovarian syndrome i have been takin metformin ever since did a few cycles with clomid but felt i was not emotionally stable to continue with the clomid and monitoring once a week it was starting to be to much since hubby couldnt be there with me cus he had to work...(he dont get paid for days he takes off sick or not) we are not charting or any of that but we are not preventing either hopin it will happen wen we least expect it... its been a little over a year and no luck yet :-(

olivejuicebby
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I hope that you will get pregnant soon, lots of baby dust sent your way!!

crissysworld
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM

My dh and i have been ttc for 9 1/2 years. We have been through injections, clomid, iui's nothing. But iui's here i think only were maybe around 200.00. My one friend and her husband tried for 8 years, did clomid, injections but to find out her dh's sperm was really low and so they did surgery nothing. After they quit the meds and had a foster child for 3 weeks she found out about 2 weeks after having him that she was pregnant. That gives me hope. I wish you the best of luck and lots of babydust.

LaMaisonDuMoi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM

First off I have to say I can't believe a doctor tied your tubes at 22!!!  That is unethical.  I had a friend who wanted it done at 24 and the doctor made her wait until 26.  It would have been one thing if you had 5 kids at 22 and wanted to be done.  I hope that something works for you soon! 

I have 2 kids and have been TTC for 6 months now.  This will be our final baby if we get pregnant.  I love my kiddos, but I think 3 is a good number for us.  :)  I am feeling pretty good about this month.  I am pretty sure that I ovulate irregularly, but I think I actually ovulated this month so I am really hoping this is it for us! 

evilstepmoth101
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Yep they tied or "clamped" my tubes at the age of 22 or 23.  The doctor never offered a long term method of birth control or even try to talk me out of it.  I was sad and thought I woulod never want a baby with anyone else. Now here I am. 15,000 dollars latter, trying so hard and with only one functioning follopian tube. I know there are others who have been actively trying longer than myself and I dont want to make their journey seem less than mine, I just have wanted another for so long and was finally able to have the reversal done and I still feel like I am broken inside. 

LOVE ME, WANT ME, FEAR ME...............................................................................................................                                                                                                                                                                                           
pistachio479
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Wow...I can't believe a Dr did that either! Well, you still have one working tube with a bunch of eggs left...be positive. It will happen when it's time. Have faith. Maybe easier said than done, I know, but if not you are doomed from the beginning...so have fun. That is the main thing that I have seen to help when TTC, that the fun is in the practice!!! ;) Good luck and babydust on the both of us, huh?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)