Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for you :)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:48 AM
  • 14 Replies

If you get a BFP this cycle, how will you tell your DH? Child? Family?

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I shouted it out from the rooftops but for some reason, if I get a BFP this cycle, I kind of want to keep it between my DH and I for a while. I dont know why. Also, I didnt do anything special last time, I just kind of ran into the room and showed my DH the test stick. I'd like to do something cute for him and for my daughter. Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Benjamins-mama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I head another woman did this.  she had made arrows and put them on the floor leading to the bathroom.  in the bathroom there was a box with a big ribbon on it.  the hubby opened it and inside was the pregnancy test and the confirmation from the doctor. I thought that was a cute idea

bxbsmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 AM

If I am pregnant I will give the test to my Dh as a birthday gift since his birthday is on the 12th.

JazzyMama426
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Lol.  I feel the same way.  With DD we told everyone right away, but this time we want to keep it to ourselves.  As far as how to tell DH, I don't have anything special planned.  He wouldn't appreciate being given the HPT, he'd rather just be told than hold anything with urine on it! LOL!!!  Good luck and lots of baby dust!!!

momof3inTN
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I have no idea how to break the new to hubby if I get a BFP this month (I'm testing Easter morning). I just know we'll probably wait until the end of the first trimester to tell our parents (I have had several 1st trimester miscarriages). Any ideas for how to tell my hubby are welcome!

HappysMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM

With my DS I went to Walmart and got a gift bag and bought some baby stuff and then set it on the table with chocolates by it and his name on it. He stood there for like an hour trying to figure out why I had gotten it for him. He told me after he finally got the guts up to open it, he thought he had forgotten our anniversary or something! LoL

jesi817
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM

this is a cute idea- i think i might do this!! (when i get my bfp)

Quoting HappysMommy:

With my DS I went to Walmart and got a gift bag and bought some baby stuff and then set it on the table with chocolates by it and his name on it. He stood there for like an hour trying to figure out why I had gotten it for him. He told me after he finally got the guts up to open it, he thought he had forgotten our anniversary or something! LoL

ValCakes20
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Thanks for the great ideas! I'm also going to try and find a "big sister" shirt or a story that explains a big sister role for my daughter when the time comes :)

Della03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:30 PM

hmmm still thinking.....it will be after Easter so idk yet....confused

Danielle124
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Quoting Benjamins-mama:

I head another woman did this.  she had made arrows and put them on the floor leading to the bathroom.  in the bathroom there was a box with a big ribbon on it.  the hubby opened it and inside was the pregnancy test and the confirmation from the doctor. I thought that was a cute idea

I like this idea def using it when i get my bfp

I am a woman,mother,daughter,devoted & proud Armywife,i am a homemaker and all of this i am very proud of my life i am 20 and i am lucky to have the lfe i do i wouldnt change it for the world i have 2 beautiful children and am currently ttc any problems with me keep it to yourself and move on i dont have time for drama or negativity

~Dani~

momof3inTN
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Quoting HappysMommy:

I like this idea. Maybe set it up with the Easter baskets since I'll be testing that morning (and the kids and I are always up before my hubby is).

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

Check out my blog: Cooking Up Family Time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)