Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spilling thy beans...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

When did you spill the beans to your family/friends that you were/are pregnant?

I had a miscarriage towards the end of last year and after my period this month (due tomorrow or so) we are going to be TTC our 4th child. If we get pregnant this month, it will be very fun because hubs is going on a business trip from the 26th to the 30th and technically I could start testing on the 26th and would have a positive at least by the 30th... so i'd either be able to tell him when he got home from his trip OR my doc can do an ultrasound for me when I would be 6 or so weeks along (which will be right by his b-day on 5-20... and I could give him the picture from the ultrasound showing the baby and that there is (God willing) a heartbeat.

So, I have the hubs taken care of but I am wondering about family. We never really have waited to the 12 week mark to tell everyone... but I think it would be fun to wait longer this time around. I am kind of nervous about having an ectopic before and a miscarriage, in terms of... if we need support in case something happens, I don't want to drop 2 bombs on their laps, telling them we are/were pregnant and now we are losing it. But part of me thinks that waiting would be so much fun. I have lots of fun ideas of HOW to tell them, I just don't know WHEN. I doubt I COULD keep it a secret until July, but his parents are coming then... but i'd be around 16 weeks pregnant. I'll probably see my parents and siblings that month, also... so I could tell them all then.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LaMaisonDuMoi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I told every one pretty fast with my last two pregnancies.  With both my other two I found out the day after Thanksgiving so we told everyone by Christmas.  This time around, I have only told a few of my closest friends we are trying.  I have thought about not telling everyone else until I am really far.  Partially because some of them do not want me to have another due to pregnancy issues.  I think we will try and wait until at least 12 weeks to tell family and I may wait longer to tell my mom, like maybe send her a birth announcement when the baby gets here! lol  Not really, but I want too. 

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:56 PM

I waited until I reached my second trimester before telling anyone! I just didn't want to take the chance.  My mom was upset with me.  This time around, when it happens, I will probaby tell my family and closest friends a bit sooner.

Latvia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM

well, I'm 5 weeks today, and everyone in my husband's family already knows. We really wanted to wait to tell (since my last pregnancy also ended in m/c), but somehow it just got out! oh well... my family lives across the ocean, so i'm thinking to just not tell them at all, and let them see the belly for themselves  when i get of the plane at 16 weeks!!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)