Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gyno appointment question...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:49 PM
  • 3 Replies

Kind of a dumb question...but I've been spotting for 3 days(not usual for me at all, usually when she comes, she comes, ya know), due for AF around the 2nd or 3rd, depending on what site I go by. I have a gyno appointment with a new doctor that took awhile to get into on the 6th. Should I try to reschedule and possibly have to wait even longer or should I go anyway, even if I may be having my period?

Oh, just in case it matters..the appointment is the address possible TTC issues. My current Dr's answer for everything is just keep trying, well...that approach isn't really working lol So, I'm hoping to find another doctor that is willing to take a more proactive approach. We've been TTC for going on 9 months and were advised to go ahead and get checked out before the 12 month mark by my primary physician due to some family medical history. Not necessarily anything wrong, but just in case type situation.

Thanks for your advice ladies!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bastiansmom03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM

anyone?

LorisBaby
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Your first appointment with a new doctor will be to gather information about you to see where they should start looking for the issues that are keeping you from having a baby.  For my first appointment with my RE I did not even sit on the table, I was in a chair fully dressed.  I would suggest bringing all of your cycle data and what you have observed about your body.  The more you are able to share the easer it will be for your doctor to find your particular challenges.  Be prepared to be overwhelmed and bring a notebook to write down what your doctor wants you to do. 

good luck

Jenn710
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:13 PM

i went this past week to to the doctor and was having bleeding but AF had come 2 weeks before. -that's why i went- But anyway she did a pap and when i told her i was bleeding still she said it wasn't a problem and did the pap anyway. So even if you have AF no worries they can still do that stuff if needed. But like the post before me they probably will just gather info and not get hands on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)