• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having faith and planning for that little one

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

What are some of the things that you do, or have done for the little one that you are planning for? Rather it be put away an outfit, or decorating a room.

I have started making my babies diaper stash since we cloth diaper, and we have also began saving more money. I whole heartily believe in the power of faith and positive thinking.

Share pics if you have them, those are always fun to look at. Just something to remind us that there is something to look forward to and nothing that we have done so far in this journey has been a waste.

Here are some of my baby's diapers

Check out My Hangout spots here on Cafemom             
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Britt
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM

OH MY WORD, those are SOOOOO so cute!!

For me, before I got pregnant. I didnt do anything at all!

I remember that about 2 weeks before i found out I was pregnant, like just after I ovulated, while looking for a birthday present for my oldest, I decided I could buy the baby a toy. I wasnt pregnant yet, and didnt know I would GET pregnant that month. Something just told me it was ok to buy that toy for her. For whatever reason, I had never bought anything for the baby before that.

Pregnancy%20ticker

shivajnr
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM

How do you make those?!? I LOVE them! I cloth diaper too and would never go back to disposables.

MRSnMOTHER
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Ahhh so sweet, you need to remember that and take a picture of your little one when he or she is big enough to play with that toy. That is awesome.

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

OH MY WORD, those are SOOOOO so cute!!

For me, before I got pregnant. I didnt do anything at all!

I remember that about 2 weeks before i found out I was pregnant, like just after I ovulated, while looking for a birthday present for my oldest, I decided I could buy the baby a toy. I wasnt pregnant yet, and didnt know I would GET pregnant that month. Something just told me it was ok to buy that toy for her. For whatever reason, I had never bought anything for the baby before that.

Hrivera5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Those are SOOOOOO cute!  I just switched to cloth diapers and I just LOVE them!  I can't believe I didn't switch my kids earlier.  So, I am doing a bit of that...really learning what type I like...I need to learn how to MAKE them, that would be AWESOME!  Other than that, I just picture pregnancy and I think about labor a lot...for some reason that helps (have no idea why) me feel better and more determined.  Well, it helps me keep a positive attitude anyway.  I also like to think about where everyone will sleep, who will share a room and all that. 

MRSnMOTHER
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I recycle as much as possible, I look through thrift shops for t-shirts, I use old receiving blankets. I started learning to make them a year ago, because I did not want to have to spend the money our next go round. I joined Diaper Sewing Divas here on Cafemom and with their tips and online research I was able to make my daughters diapers for a year (which gave me practice) and practice to prepare for the next baby...she is potty trained now. There are many free patterns online. and if you know how to sew you should give it a try, it is so worth it...or you can simply learn to sew.

Quoting shivajnr:

How do you make those?!? I LOVE them! I cloth diaper too and would never go back to disposables.

shivajnr
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Wow! Thanks for the info.  I do know how to seI just didnt even think about looking online for tips lol, but I definitely will now!

Quoting MRSnMOTHER:

I recycle as much as possible, I look through thrift shops for t-shirts, I use old receiving blankets. I started learning to make them a year ago, because I did not want to have to spend the money our next go round. I joined Diaper Sewing Divas here on Cafemom and with their tips and online research I was able to make my daughters diapers for a year (which gave me practice) and practice to prepare for the next baby...she is potty trained now. There are many free patterns online. and if you know how to sew you should give it a try, it is so worth it...or you can simply learn to sew.

Quoting shivajnr:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MRSnMOTHER
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Your welcome.

Quoting shivajnr:

Wow! Thanks for the info.  I do know how to seI just didnt even think about looking online for tips lol, but I definitely will now!

Quoting MRSnMOTHER:

Quoting shivajnr:

crissysworld
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:38 PM

very cute, my brother would love the chicago bears one.

ZoeCY
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I haven't bought anything for the future baby but I did buy my daughter a shirt that say "I have a secret" on the front and on the back it says "I am going to be a big sister".  Unfortunately that was in October or so and I am still not pregnant (all though this month is feeling really good if that doesn't sound too creepy haha).  I would love to stock up on cloth diapers (we didn't use them with our daughter but want to with any future kids) but I just have no idea where to start!!  We are working on saving up money too. 

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM

those are too cute!! i kinda wanna cloth diaper but im scared cause i dont want them to soak through the pamper and have a mess everywhere lol i really havent done anything to prepare...i guess i will tho like i can start buying baby hangers and maybe ill start looking online at cloth diapers i totally dont know how to sew lol we shall see how that goes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)