Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OPK Question

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I have held onto this months OPK's and dating them. It looks as if there is a thin line on the 30th and 31st that is just as dark as the other. If they are thin, does it count? It does drive me crazy that I have no clue as to when I do O. I feel like I keep asking O questions, but I really would like to get it all figured out. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
pistachio479
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Try this instead...instead of using the OPKs, try reading cervical mucus instead. I know it sounds totally gross...but if it works, all the better, right???? Monitor the texture of the mucus right at the mouth of the vagina. When it is very very very slick and thin, THAT is when you are the most fertile. Reason being, with your mucus being thin and slick, it helps the swimmers make it up to your waiting egg a whole lot quicker and easier. The mucus cycle works like this:

START: A/F

PRE-MIDDLE: the mucus will get progressively more slick and in more abundance

MIDDLE: slick, thin, clear mucus (RIGHT HERE FERTILE TIME!!!!

PERI-MIDDLE/END: mucus decreases and gets drier right before you are back at the beginning and AF has come to see ya in her great Red Cadillac...

I have been doing TONS of research, so let me know if this helps you any. (IDK anything about OPKs, sorry.)

HAPPY IMPREGNANTING!!

supermom266
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I have been using OPk's for about 4 months and I am having no luck. I think they are telling me I am ovulating on the wrong day which makes no sense! Sorry I don't really know more! I am with you, I am not really sure when I ovulate. When I got pregnant with my daughter it just happend right away and now we are trying again and it is taking us longer. Hope you have good luck! Sorry I don't really have any other advice!

pistachio479
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Try the mucus reading too, it may help you out!!

Quoting supermom266:

I have been using OPk's for about 4 months and I am having no luck. I think they are telling me I am ovulating on the wrong day which makes no sense! Sorry I don't really know more! I am with you, I am not really sure when I ovulate. When I got pregnant with my daughter it just happend right away and now we are trying again and it is taking us longer. Hope you have good luck! Sorry I don't really have any other advice!

gay pride ribbon       Cassie & Charley (11-08-2008)

TJD22
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:37 AM

thanks girls. I have been reading my cm too but I was just wanting a back up to make sure I was actually reading it correctly. You know?

pistachio479
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Good luck, it seems that this is the month, everyone!!! Just a few of the girls that I have talked to have come up pregnant and I just joined CM YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! So, GL 2 ya and hopefully it will be MY month too!!!!

Quoting TJD22:

thanks girls. I have been reading my cm too but I was just wanting a back up to make sure I was actually reading it correctly. You know?

gay pride ribbon       Cassie & Charley (11-08-2008)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)