Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Evap line instantly on FRER? **update kinda? - in reply**

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just took a FRER and instantly, like as soon as the pee went across the window, a white line showed up in the place of the test line and the control line came up normally. I turned it over and then when we looked 3 minutes later it was still a white line. WHY?! And why do I keep getting all these weirdo tests!!! Does that make the test invalid? Testing again in the morning anyway - of course.

navysimple smiletoddler boybaby boy

Navy wife to Joe (11/17/05) Mommy to Joseph Michael (09/21/06) & Riley Irish (07/03/09) & TTC #3!!!!! Click here to learn about attachment parenting!

by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crzemom
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM

? weird i dont know but BUMP!

joeysmommy0921
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Hehe thanks.

mommy053008
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

ive never heard of it?!

joeysmommy0921
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I know right? Weird. I keep getting the weirdest results! Still no AF though...9 days late tomorrow.

PinkDaisey13
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Try a different brand sistah! Personally, I'm not a fan of FRER anymore!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
joeysmommy0921
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Yeah, well, hopefully I won't need anymore tests after my appt on Wednesday. I have one more FRER to take tomorrow morning. I'm about to frickin punch pregnancy tests in the face!

Quoting PinkDaisey13:

Try a different brand sistah! Personally, I'm not a fan of FRER anymore!

Navy wife to Joe (11/17/05) Mommy to Joseph Michael (09/21/06) & Riley Irish (07/03/09) & TTC #3!!!!! Click here to learn about attachment parenting!

Ketch24
by on Apr. 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Yeah, with the FRER that I took before this pregnancy, they all had white lines even before I took the test, it was very frustrating. Idk why they are there, I always used frer and had never seen them before. The test was correct for me though, I wasn't preggo but we did get preggo the next cycle. 

Baby dust to you and I hope you get your BFP soon!

MRSnMOTHER
by on Apr. 13, 2010 at 1:35 AM

That line is there for the test to function. There is going to already be line on every test you take even if it is not FRER. 
FRER test may not give everyone an early positive, it may even over look the pregnancy hormones for different reasons but you never get a false positive unless there is something going on with your body. This is why everyone recommends the first response tests.

Check out My Hangout spots here on Cafemom             
joeysmommy0921
by on Apr. 13, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Well I already knew that didn't mean it was positive. I was just confused because I've been using the FRER and hadn't seen that happen before. I woke up this morning and looked at the test and the line was pink though. Invalid now of course so I threw it away. Same thing happened with the test this morning, white/shadowy line at first, now an hour or so later the line is pink. GRR! Tomorrow morning cannot come fast enough.

McDonaldlnc
by on Dec. 30, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Did you end up being preggo?? I've taken two frer and BOTH had white lines! wth?!?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)