Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

false positive wondfo Update with picture Update again 3rd update

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM
  • 46 Replies

Here is the picture. I know it is kind of hard to see but it is a faint pink line.

-udate #2- Omg I am going to cry. My frer didnt show anything but now that it dried it has a really odd looking evap line. I have never ever had an evap on a frer. It looks kind of thick too. I would take a picture but there is no way I could get it to show up. Are all these pregnancy test playing tricks on me???? My mom said she is going to order me a blood test tomorrow if I get another one in the morning. I have a test tomorrow morning and I cant study at all. I am freaking out.

I got a positive ovulation test today and for some reason I decided to test an hpt in the same pee. The hpt came back with a faint pink second line but I know it is impossible for me to be pregnant. I have been taking opks basically since my period stopped and my temperatures show no sign of ovulation. I really would have been pissed if I was in my 2 ww and that happened. Stupid false positives..... I dipped an frer in the same pee after that positive came up and I dont think I see anything so I am pretty sure it was just a false positive.

Update 3- Everything looks negative this morning like I expected but I did get another very positive opk. At least I am ovulating. I was terrified the soy isoflavones ruined me this month but I am still on my regular ovulation schedule.

by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I used the Wondfo tests and NEVER got a false +....these were mine from 3/22(top)-3/27(bottom)....and the one on 3/22 was 5 days before my period(about 10 dpo) I'd test again in a few days or even tomorrow

due in december Pictures, Images and Photos

pregnancy
candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Mine doesnt look quite as pretty as yours. The line isnt as thick and it is a little lighter but it is there and pink. I would be shocked if it resulted in anything. I dipped other wondfo test in the same pee and didnt get the same result. The second wonfo one I dipped looks like maybe there is an evap line but it doesnt look anything like the first one I dipped. Maybe I will post a picture later if I can get a good one.

jazi1105
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

hmm....maybe the batch you got was messed up? I know some of mine came all bent and scratched as you can see in the pic lol Those tests are kinda weird because the line doesn't show RIGHT away, it has to dry a bit before it starts to show...but you never know....maybe you just got your blessing! : )

candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:34 PM
update
justme00
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:35 PM

? for you, do you store your OPK and HTPs next to each other? I was told that if you do that it can mess up you HTPs.

candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:39 PM

They ship the opks and hpts in the same package. They are all indivually wrapped in a foil package though. They are in the same drawer.

Quoting justme00:

? for you, do you store your OPK and HTPs next to each other? I was told that if you do that it can mess up you HTPs.

jazi1105
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM

hmm...the pic sure looks like a +....I would wait 2 days and try with another one....see what happens! Good Luck!! I'll pray for you!! *hugs* 

candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Thanks. I was really confused when I saw it. This is a mean trick if it is a false positive but I really dont have my hopes up. I will test again on tuesday morning.

Quoting jazi1105:

hmm...the pic sure looks like a +....I would wait 2 days and try with another one....see what happens! Good Luck!! I'll pray for you!! *hugs* 

soon2bthree
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM

That's what mine looked like yesterday, but all the other ones were negative. So if I don't get another positive in a few days (with FRER) than I'm going to assume it's a false positive too. But,  maybe it is a real +, I have no idea:(

candicefield
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Did you use the same brand?

Quoting soon2bthree:

That's what mine looked like yesterday, but all the other ones were negative. So if I don't get another positive in a few days (with FRER) than I'm going to assume it's a false positive too. But,  maybe it is a real +, I have no idea:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN