Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interesting news!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

We are having our second IUI this month.  If all goes well I will be due 1/20.  1/20 is my sons original due date (he was born via c-section on 1/1/04). 

The month of January is FULL of birthdays for my family (there are four including myself) and there are three in December. 

My question is for all of you c-section Mommas, did you have any say of when your c-section was going to be at all? If you haven't had one, do you know of someone that had a say in when they had their c-section?

Thanks and super sticky baby dust to all!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
giasmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:59 AM

i had a c section, but it wasnt decided that i was going to have one until my due date, which was nov 20. i ended up being scheduled for a c section for friday, nov 24 which was the day after thanksgiving but went into labor and had my daughter on thanksgiving day! i had no say in everything tho... except wether or not i wanted to try to push out my 10lb dd with all the risks or c section.

giasmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:59 AM

oh yeah and btw GOOD LUCK!

olivejuicebby
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I had one with my son, and it was when they induced me I wasn't dilating and he was not dropping down, so we did a c-section. I was 5 days past my due date... There were other concerns, but it wasn't planned from the beginning or anything. I have heard that basically, all doctors while they are different, that you pretty much choose any day after 39 weeks. But I have heard some do them at 38 weeks. I guess you would just have to see what your doctor does. GL!!!!!

elisajenise
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I had one, but my son was breech...the kind with his rear down and his legs up in the air. LOL. It took all day for his legs to be comfortably down after he was born. LOL

lucky1984
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

with my first daughter my water broke at 32 weeks keep me in hosptial for a week then had to do a csection, with my middle daughter born 1-1-05 had to have one cause my pregancies was so close together, but we talk about it with the second and i plan on having her a week before i was due but she decide to come on her own lol then with the last one they was like well  no need to push out u already had two csection so we decide to go in a at 39 weeks but then they took her at 35 weeks smh im like well damn forget all my plans i had lol gl momma

mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Well i chose to have a c-section and i loved it.I was a week and a half til my due date and my cervix was completely closed and hard.She said that i could either be  induced and have a 50/50 chance that i still wouldn't dilate and would have to have an emergency c-section so of course seeing all those baby story shows and reading any and everything about having a baby and labor and stuff i also knew that labor and contractions are so much worse than naturally going into labor.Oh and i got to pick the date of her birth which im so glad because my due date was only days away from Halloween.I love Halloween i just didn't want my princess born on that day.Im so glad that i had a c-section and will defiantly do it again hopefully one day.And the thought of my baby ripping through my crouch just scared the hell out of me and still does.My friend had a third degree tear, that means completely ripping from one hole to another with her son.He is now 6 and she still has pain down there from time to time.Good luck on the IUI.

CowgirlMama0508
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:59 AM

I personally have had both my children vaginal...and would like to keep it that way LOL..But a couple of my friends have had scheduled c-sections, and got to choose their date..one of them, her oldest daughters was the 28th of sept and she didnt want them to have the same bday (that was also her due date with the baby) so they scheduled hers for the 26th and she was 38 weeks when they took the baby...it alllllll depends on the dr from what i hear..so just talk with your doctor and he will let you know what he thinks...GL mama

Ovulation ticker

CoachyMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Thank you ladies for your replies/adive/good luck wishes!  I appreciate it very much.  I know for this next baby we will have to have a c-section so I am curious when they will decide to give me one (I have blood clotting disorders and will have to be on lovenox).   

candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Yes I did, My son was planned from about 5 months . I had asked about being delivered on Thursday or Friday if I did not go in to labor and my Dr was very accommodating. I was delivered Friday 3 days before my Due Date.

candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM

BTW good luck with the IUI!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)