Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Faint BFP yesterday even fainter today? UPDATE :(

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 15 Replies

Yesterday I took 3 HPT's, one was digital which said pregnant the other two were Answer and Clearblue both were faint but noticable. Today I used an Answer and it's even fainter than yesterday, I mean you have to really look hard to find it.

Does this mean AF is coming or a chemical pg? Should I still call my doc today for a blood test? 

Well, my instinct was right, I had a chemical pregnancy. Started bleeding this afternoon after the nurse called and said my HCG was only 5. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, I may not understand it today but some day I will.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
giasmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM

i actually read last night on peeonastick.com that some tests show up lighter and diff brands can show up sooner but that if you have gotten a BFP it doesnt matter how light the line, you are pregnant!! and even if your line gets lighter over time you are still preg. GOOD LUCK!

theresak1025
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM

honestly i would call the doctor and do blood work. my test were light then it got darker one day then the next day it was lighter again and i have a miscarriage so if it was me i would get blood work done but thats just me

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Thank you both for the info. I was worried about m/c. I dont know why but I just don't feel right.

theresak1025
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM

if you dont feel right then i would go in. do you chart? if you do what are your temps looking like?

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM

I havent' done temps!! I probably should have b/c that would help, right? Ugh!  I have an appt in a couple of hours so we'll see what the bloodwork shows. Thanks!!

olivejuicebby
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I would call for a blood test, but don't get all worked up right now. The sample from today could have been less than yesterdays... Hang in there!! *hugs*

crissysworld
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I would call for a blood test.

mommyto3bees
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM

i would do a blood test no matter what

joeysmommy0921
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Like the other ladies are saying, blood test would be the best idea but one thing I have read is that pregnancy tests won't tell you HOW pregnant you are - just whether or not you are pregnant. If the line shows up, its because the test picked up hCG - period! I wouldn't worry too much about a miscarriage just yet hun. Give it time :) ::HUGS:: GOOD LUCK!!!

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Thanks for all the support ladies! Just got back from blood test so results will be in tomorrow. I'm just trying to resist the urge to pee on another stick. The only one I have left is a digital and I don't want to see "not pregnant" show up!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)