Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC after M/C need advice...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just recently had a miscarriage( Fri 16th). This was my second one both almost exactly a year apart. I am just needing some advice. We definately want to keep trying, I just wanted to know for those of you who have had a m/c before and are TTC now.. How long did you wait? I go to the doctor on friday for a follow also. My M/C this time only lasted from thurs night to sun afternoon. I was only 6 weeks (we think).

Also I wanted to start charting and need some advice on what to do, how to do it and is it to soon. Do I need to wait for a cycle?

Thanks!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
willywonka86
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM

That's a good question! I know doctors usually say to wait a certain amount of time for your body to recover although I don't what it is. I do know a few moms on here that have had a MC so here is a bump good luck *hugs*

xoNIKKIox
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Sending lots of good energy your way!

When I m/c, the doc advised us not to ttc for 3 months. That's somewhat typical med advice, since they want you to have your body return to regular cycles. My DH and I didn't actively ttc, but we didn't actively prevent, either. We had unprotected BD very minimally--moreso to connect (I needed the closeness/intimacy; was feeling broken-hearted). Well, that's all it took! We were one of those lucky couples for whom the starts align right after m/c and, apparently, the egg comes on out and fertility is on the up. Very lucky.

Baby dust to you! Good luck!

dmc512
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Thanks ladies! This has been a very hard few days for myself and my husband (he wont show it though) Im just glad the physical part is over but Im not sure the emotional part will ever go away : ( I catch myself just wondering what it would have been and all of the normal worries. Well hopefully things work out and we can figure out why this is happening. I did just talk to my cousin and she had something called Hughes syndrome while pregnant its where the antibodies in your body attack the baby as if it was foreign. So thats something I am going to bring up at the doctors. Thanks again!

candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:14 PM

When you start charting you should start at the begining of the cycle. GL MOMMA

theresak1025
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I just had a miscarriage on march 31st and i bleed for 7 days. i chart all the time so i charted the whole time i was bleeding. the doctor said i could start trying right away but i have not ovulated yet and i am still waiting for a period. here is how my chart looks from the day i started my miscarriage.

dmc512
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Im so sorry for your loss... But Thanks so much for posting this for me to see.. I went on to fertility friend and I am doing the tutorials now... Good Luck to ya keep me posted on what happens! lOts of baby dust to ya!

Quoting theresak1025:

I just had a miscarriage on march 31st and i bleed for 7 days. i chart all the time so i charted the whole time i was bleeding. the doctor said i could start trying right away but i have not ovulated yet and i am still waiting for a period. here is how my chart looks from the day i started my miscarriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)