Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charting temp. NEED HELP!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, so a lot of you out there are charting your temp. This may sound like a basic question, but what is the affect of temping? I know that every morning, at the same time with the same therm. you take your temp...but what am I looking for to know when Im ovulating? What lets you know your O'ing?...what lets you know AF is coming?...and what lets you know when you have conceived? And by "lets you know" i mean what happens to your temp. Im already on CD-7 so it's a bit late for me to start, but if we don't conceive this month, then I'm going to start temping next cycle. Any advice please! Thanks!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

After u O your temp goes up and stays up for atleast 3 days.. If it stays up past 16 days then it is said to be a good possiblity you are PG if it falls then Af is inpending.... GL MOMMA

Della03
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I would start temping tomorrow....it doesnt hurt to start now and try to get the hang. I started temping on CD8 and just got an Ovulation spike this morning.....This is the first month I have temped and my first round of Clomid. From what I understand is that your temp goes down on O day and the day after you O it spikes up high. Then it should stay up till u skip AF then more than likely u are preggo. But it it dips around the time of you cycle starts then u should expect AF..... I hope this helps. Like I said this is my first month....Good luck!

PinkDaisey13
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM

So when do you know to start BDing? I mean, I know how to calculate my own estimate of when I could possibly ovulate, so I know when to BD. But how do you know simply by temping? Because, and please correct me if Im wrong, if you see the spike in temp...then that means you have already ovulated(?) and it's pretty much too late. Im just trying to understand so that I can utilize this method. Thanks for the response! :-)

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:48 PM

There is no way to tell when you are going to O when tempting only that you did, if you want to know when you're going to O then you should use OPKs.

Quoting PinkDaisey13:

So when do you know to start BDing? I mean, I know how to calculate my own estimate of when I could possibly ovulate, so I know when to BD. But how do you know simply by temping? Because, and please correct me if Im wrong, if you see the spike in temp...then that means you have already ovulated(?) and it's pretty much too late. Im just trying to understand so that I can utilize this method. Thanks for the response! :-)

candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM

OPk will help you figure out when you are about to O. GL MOMMA

LilyBeansMom
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Charting your cervical fluids along with your temps is the best way to know when you are most fertile.  You're right - the temp itself will only tell you that you did already ovulate.  If you've been doing it a while then you'll see patterns that will help you know on what cycle day you usually ovulate so that will help, also.  Some women get a dip in temp on the day they ovulate, but not all.  (I don't usually.)  And your temp may drop before AF comes, but sometimes not until after it starts - so temping alone doesn't really help tell you what's going to happen next, but it's still a really valuable tool!    Good luck!!

sanoe08
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Quoting kiddo0820:

There is no way to tell when you are going to O when tempting only that you did, if you want to know when you're going to O then you should use OPKs.

Quoting PinkDaisey13:

I agree. I both temp and use OPK's. It helps to do OPK's so that you know when you're about to "o" and temp to know that you did "o". Good luck to you mama!!

Baby#3

PinkDaisey13
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Thanks for the replies ladies!

thank you

candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Anytime When you need help just let us know. GL MOMMA

olivejuicebby
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I see that you got your help, lol and its a good thing because I know nothing about taking temps - but i'm learning now :) Good luck doll

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)