Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just to reiterate........

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

I hate the depo!

On CD 49 now, and still a BFN............ugh............looks like I'm in for another long cycle...I hate hate hate it! Well 6 months down, got another 6 before the drs will do anything....stupid shot!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danimomof7
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I am right behind you. CD45 and the wait is killing me. I just got my IUD out March 3rd. Who knows what will happen but I hope its soon for the both of us. GL hun

eeyorerdl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I hear ya...I was on depo for a while, but went on pills and stopped them to ttc.  Thankfully, I haven't had but one loooonnngg cycle since I've been off, but after 9 months, still getting BFNs...

Hopefully your time will come soon...at least get AF, so you can start fresh!  GL!!

Hrivera5
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Yeah, depo really messed me up too...I will never be on that again!  took a year and a half to get my son after stopping the shot.

heavenly1462
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I am so sorry mama! My doc wanted to put me on that once and I refused. i've never heard anything good about it. my bestie got it and is now having huge problems from it with her AF. I wish you tons of luck and a BFP!

sweet_mommyof1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:06 PM

keep the faith. it will happen.

momof3inTN
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM

I am with you! My last depo was in August 2008. I had been on it for over a year and it had completely messed up my system. After consulting my midwife (after blowing through 3 doctors in 4 months, numerous blood tests and 2 BCP prescriptions), we stopped all BC. It took another 3 months to get my first period (I needed the break actually as I had been bleeding almost constantly since starting the depo shots). It was another 2 months before my cycle got, mostly, back on track (that was August 2009 - we've been TTC since then and still nothing. Our last child only took us 2 months to conceive). At least now I am fairly regular but my cycle varies from 23-35 days. I hate that shot. It should be taken off the market.

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

Check out my blog: Cooking Up Family Time

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Thanks ladies!  It just sucks bc the first few cycles after the depo were pretty normal lengths.  Then the last two have been 40 days, and 49 and counting.....I dont understand why it just didnt happen from the get go instead of 5 and 6 months later.....ugh

I'll keep on truckin though! hehe

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:45 PM

see I can NEVER get a positive on an OPK....thats what makes me question if I'm ovulating or not.  Especially now with the two real long cycles.....grrr

Thanks for the support!

Quoting daymommy:

Oh me too! I got one shot, just one, almost 9 months ago. I even still had my period during the 3 months after I got it. Then decided not to get another, and I've only gotten two periods. The last one was only cause I did a month of bc pills to get it started. I don't know whether to continue that or not. I stopped taking them after the first month cause they made me feel sick. Now I'm back on CD 37 with no sign of AF. It's so confusing, I can't even trust OPK's cause I will get positives, but I don't think I ever actually ovulate. So it's like how do you even track your cycle like that. I feel your frustration!

trewlove
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Sorry....  :-(

Maybe try some acupuncture or Vitex to help you regulate?

Group Mod

AmandaN1
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM

that may be what messed me up trew....I was taking Vitex and had stopped recently...I just hate to think my body has to depend on something on the outside to get back to normal....dang I'm stubborn! LOL Guess I should try it again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)