Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Vitamin B6 - Extend Luteal Phase? TREW????

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok Ladies, who is taking B6? How much? Have you noticed a difference?

Trew- you mentioned 50mg twice a day? I saw a pill bottle for 100mg. Can I take it once?

Can you take a Vitamin B Complex? or just B6?

by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ready_for2
by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 10:36 PM

i dont know anything about B6, but i think Vitex helps with this...

LuvNmyGrl
by on Apr. 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I am on it for the 1st month i am taking 50mg ... you are supposed to start out at 50mg and if you need more hep to move up to 100 mg ... once a day for both of those.  I will let you know when AF arrives if it helped my luteal phase at all.  My LP was 8-9 days the last few months so i am hopeing and praying with all my might that this is going to help me!  So far it looks like i might have ovulated yesterday that would be on CD 15 and the last few months is has been on CD 33 and CD 22 so i am waiting to see!!!  I am taking a B-6,B-12, and Folic Acid lozenge... it is great.  But if you can take a B-Complex it helps the vitamins to absorb.  Dont take just a B-6.

elisajenise
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM

B complex..it extended me 3 extra days - woohoo!! I take a total of 40 mg p/day (split into 15 am, 15 noon, 10 pm... and it made a difference for me. I might add more last month. I know Trew suggests higher than that. I also added Vit D recently....I am very low on that in my blood tests.

jenniferw10
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 10:49 PM

I bought a bottle of B6 Vitamins today for 100mg. It recommends one pill a day with food and water.

Should I get the B Complex? and not take the B6?

LuvNmyGrl
by on Apr. 29, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I would get a B-Complex if you can

jenniferw10
by on Apr. 30, 2010 at 6:44 AM

BUMP!!

jesi817
by on May. 1, 2010 at 8:29 AM

bump! im wondering why you would want to extend your luteal phase? does that extend how many days are in your cycle too??

LuvNmyGrl
by on May. 1, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Well in order for implantation to occur you need at least a 12 day luteal phase... mine is only 8-9 days so it is impossible for me to have a viable egg implant successfully. It can lengthen your cycle but it can also make your ovulation come earlier. 

jenniferw10
by on May. 1, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I started taking Vitamin B6 today. It is 100mg pill. I took it at dinner time. I am currently on CD7 and usually Ovulate on CD19-20. I am going to start my OPKs on CD 11 just in case its early. I have also been BBT for the past three cycles.

jesi817
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:25 AM

i guess im confused. ive been taking b complex with folic acid- and this is my 2nd month to chart. last month i was 26 DC and ovulated on the 14th day and this month im on day 15 already and still no ovulation. so i didnt know if that had anything to do with it. :( im so frustrated with my chart this month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)