• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK so maybe its the hormones...(ot & vent)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok ladies so maybe its the hormones tonight but everything is getting to me. I was talking to two friends of mine, we have been best friends since high school. We were all talking about going on a Disney cruise, well they want to go in Sept 2011, My newest little one will only be nine months old and I really dont want to go. But they are guilt tripping me into this..ohh why not blah blah blah..then they were talking about this summer and one of my friends birthdays. I am still going to vist but not going to be doing everything we planned.. I just feel like I have out grown my friends. I am the only one that is going to have two children now. I am the only army wife, One was but her husband got out.  I dont live in our home town anymore. I just feel like I have moved on and they havent. Has this happend to anyone else? Thanks ladies.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
trewlove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Yes it happened to me...

My best friend (since we were 12, we are now 31), she stayed in our hometown and I left. We grew apart for several years. We always stayed in touch but there were about 5-7 years where we just were not on the same page. Then in the last few years we have gotten super close again and are so glad we stayed in each other's lives. She has had 2-4 kids for the last couple years (she had 2 foster kids) and so she could never travel, I always had to go up and see her, that kinda sucked. But I tried to understand what she was going through and how things were for her at the time.

Two of my other best friends (from when I was about 19)... we had moved away together and shared an apartment for 3 years. Well one of them I completely grew apart from and we refuse to even speak to each other. The other one we are super casual, just facebook. And I am fine with it. I feel like I grew and they just didn't.

My point is just that I know how hard it is, what you are feeling. My point is also that if the relationships are real and meant to stay in your life, they will. And if they are not, then things will go their natural route and you will probably feel okay with it eventually (it is never easy, but it gets better).

I hope that came across sincerely! Hang in there, make a connection with a friend who you feel really gets you, it will probably help you feel a little better.

Or blame it on hormones and jump up and down because you are pregnant! LOL

Group Mod

tryenfor4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Yeah i only have 2 girlfriends left from growing up though school one had 3 children like me and the other has 1 the same age as my son i am prego with #4 and we all 3 have the same values in raising children all my other friends either did not have children and did nothing but party all the time or did have kids that their parents are raising because they still party all the time!!! even though me and the 2 girlfriends i have left are really close we dont even see each other that much our kids keep us really busy!!!

meganprice24
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Thanks ladies. I am just..oh i dont know what i am right now...LOL I  think Trew I will tak your advice and jump up and down and maybe add some screaming...LOL

Ctink8189
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I don't think it's the hormones at all, I felt like this when I went back home during my husband's deployment (of coarse I was preggo then but i promise its not hormones lol). They were all doing the same things, going out and partying (most of them have kids but still do this continuously), and it just isn't my thing anymore. I felt more alone back "home" than I did when I was still at our duty station because I just had no desire to go all of these things. A cruise sounds fun but with a baby that young you probably wouldn't be able to enjoy it to the fullest and get your money's worth. Your not being unreasonable

crissysworld
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM

My best friend lives over 3 hours from me, single mom has graduated college. I stayed here in our home town got married ( she was my maid of honor) went straight to a full time job, now going to college and a foster parent. But when we get together you would never know we don't get to see each other much because she will forever be my BFF. We have been friends since i was 5 and she was 4 and we are 31 and 32. But there are friends that i have grown apart some, its part of the cycle of life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)