• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to test!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

So, I was officially "able" to take a test April 30 at earliest. I don't have any pregnancy tests and I am kind of refusing to buy any until I actually skip my period on the 4th/5th. I know lots of you spend tons of money and stock up on them! I want to, but I don't want to waste the money on BFN's.. :[ Plus, DH would get really mad. hahaha. We went to Walmart today and I had to completely ignore that aisle or I know I would've ended up with at least one.

I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms, but I didn't have any for DS either except for a skipped period. Not sure how that works. I'm a bit moody.. which is normal around my period. This is only our first month of trying, so I'm not expecting to be pregnant, just hopeful. I know some of you have spent years TTC, so I know it may take longer than I'm hoping.

Ughhhh. I guess I'm just typing out my frustration for wanting to test, but at the same time not wanting to! haha.

Thanks for reading! Lots of baby dust!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trewlove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:34 AM

DH has given up hope on me LOL. He just turns a blind eye to it now, he knows I am a total addict!

You are smart not to buy any, because if you buy them, you will use them all up!

Good idea to wait! Walmart has a 3-pack of FRER for 12-13 bucks... good deal!

Hang in there, only a few more days to go, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Group Mod

forever_case
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I bought a 25 pack of Hpt tests and 50 opks off amazon.com for 6 bucks and a couple bucks shipping (it may have been a special but it doesnt always hurt to look), i plan to use them and if they turn pos then fork out the extra money for the other.

Lindyjf
by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:46 AM

I can't help myself either!  But those BFNs are depressing.  So if you can hold out then good for you! 

baby dust

olivejuicebby
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM

It is really hard to wait when you want this so bad. But it is for the best that you are waiting (whether you really want to or not lol) because the BFNs that i've been getting have really affected me this month. *sighs* I'll be waiting now and if AF doesn't show this week, I will be testing on Saturday May 8th. GL to you & **baby dust**

sweet_mommyof1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I want to test too but it's great not haaving the money to buy them I can go and look all I want and nothing can happen since there's no money.. DH check was small... just enough to take care of rent and maybe some groceries since my food stamps are being retarded.. Good luck to you and stay strong.

candcsmom2008
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I am so glad to hear someone here in the group can resist not me I have not o-ed yet and I am dieing to get test and take them LOL I am a POAS-aholic.. GL MOMMA

sweet_mommyof1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM

it's not that I want to resist.. i want to POAS soo bad I want to know my outcome lol.. but i can't afford it so I just have to sit and wait.

Quoting candcsmom2008:

I am so glad to hear someone here in the group can resist not me I have not o-ed yet and I am dieing to get test and take them LOL I am a POAS-aholic.. GL MOMMA

Hrivera5
by on May. 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I feel the same way every month...I am dying to test and forcing myself to wait....the "take the test" side of me usually wins LOL.  I always have some in the house...so...as soon as I get close to that time when I "can" I DO...it's horrible LOL....but I want it so badly!

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Haha, thanks everyone! Glad to know I'm not the only one actually trying to hold out to test!! I absolutely want to be pregnant more than anything and give my DS a sibling! I think TTC is going to be a killer... I'll drive myself bonkers waiting to see if AF comes and then get super disappointed when it does! Either that or end up spending loads of money I can't afford to spend and buy tests. haha. :[ Ah well! just a few more days.. how long those days will be too..

sweet_mommyof1
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I found $3.80 in my boxes lol.. hmm wonder if I can afford one..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)