• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start to show with 1st vs 2nd

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM
  • 26 Replies

I always heard that you get bigger with your second and faster. I was wondering when you started to show with 1st and 2nd or any other after that.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3inTN
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I have 3 children and have always started to show around the same time, 4-5 months. I've never shown earlier or later. I think it depends on the woman and the baby. Some women show earlier in successive pregnancies, others do not. I have heard people say that with each pregnancy a woman shows earlier than the last pregnancy, it never happened to me though. Just like they said I would keep the boobs I acquired during pregnancy... (looking down shirt) Nope, I still have no chest (I love being pregnant, it's the one time I have something to fill an A cup bra, normally I have trouble filling a nearly A cup). LOL

kyleighsmama07
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM

my first i showed around 4-5 months my second i showed around 2-3 months

bonbon2010
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I didn't start showing till I was 6 months with my first and with my second dd started showing at 4-5 months...it was earlier the second time around!

i.love.my.life
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I didnt show with my daughter until 6months, with this pregnancy I was showing before I even knew I was pregnant.

LACIEDEVEYA
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM

i dint start 2 show till 5 monthes with my first  about 3 monthes with my second im abot 7 weeks with this one and i already hava good sz bump and its not in my head ive gained no weight but my job requries me to wear a belt and i had to go up almost 2 notches already im almost ready to go to the maternity uniform lol!!

OwensMommy159
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Last time I started showing about 13 weeks and this time 9-10 weeks. bloated is a whole other story! haha -- When I say showing I mean more that I know there's a baby bump i'll add pics I guess you could say 16 weeks is when it was noticable for everyone. This time I'm not sure no one can really tell unless they know.
First Preg 13 weeks

this preg 9 weeks

Della03
by on May. 4, 2010 at 2:01 PM

With my DD I started showing right around 10 to 12 weeks. Thats when my clothes started getting tighter lol. With this one Im 4 weeks and 1 day and fee like Im already showing but Im prolly just bloated!!

annamcg18
by on May. 4, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Wow! I just got back from the doc and I am exactly 4 weeks today!

Quoting Della03:

With my DD I started showing right around 10 to 12 weeks. Thats when my clothes started getting tighter lol. With this one Im 4 weeks and 1 day and fee like Im already showing but Im prolly just bloated!!

prBarbie
by on May. 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM

im about 5 or 6 wks and i definitely have a baby bump.  i cant even close my jeans.

ashley1213
by on May. 6, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I've showed about the same with both. I started getting a bump around 12 weeks with both, and I'm about the same size now (at 18 weeks) as I was with my daughter!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)