• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Round ligament pain????

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

im so happy im pregnant cause i have thyroid issues and miscarried last yr.  so i have my first prenatal appt on the 17th.

i just had a question, anybody have leg pain.  i went to sleep fine last night but in the middle of the night i had pain from my thigh hip area to my knee.  it felt i had to pop it, so i stretched last night and went back to bed.  but it was killing me.  everytime i moved it hurt. i had to switch position and put a pillow between my legs.  its in my left leg.  it hurts to walk and it hurts to lay down.  its very uncomfortable.  im going to see the doctor tomorrow to make sure.  just wanted to know if any of u ladies have felt this pain.  i was reading online and so far it sounds like round ligament pain. 

i dont know exactly my due date, if i calculate by my last menstral i would be about 5 or 6 wks. 

****Liz****

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jewels11
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Yes it very well could be round ligament pains. They say it doesn't usually happen til the second trimester when things are stretching more but it can happen earlier too. I'm 18 wks and when I sit or stand too long I get the pain under my butt (top of my thighs and legs in the back). It generally goes away once I start moving  or change positions.

prBarbie
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM

thanks Jewels.  i never had this pain for my son so i got scared.   thought i asked to make sure i wasnt alone.

Jewels11
by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Your welcome. Nope your not alone. I'm sure every pregnant lady goes through this at some point.

i.love.my.life
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM

sounds like sciatic nerve pain to me.  happens quite often in pregnancy.

Della03
by on May. 4, 2010 at 2:06 PM

YES! I had to go the ER Sunday bc I was hurting so bad and thought I was having and Ectopic but they reassured me I was just having round ligament pain. I dont remember having it with my DD this early. My next appointment is on the 20th so I have right about 2 weeks left.....Ugggg Tylenol has been my BFF lol!!

prBarbie
by on May. 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

it was actually the Sciatic nerve.  i never had it with my son so i was scared. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)