Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RECALL: Infant's Tylenol Drops & Children's Motrin, Tylenol, Benedryl & Zrytec!!!!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
"Fort Washington, PA (April 30, 2010) – McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is voluntarily recalling all lots that have not yet expired of certain over-the-counter (OTC) Children’s and Infants’ liquid products manufactured in the United States and distributed in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic, Dubai (UAE), Fiji, Guam, Guatemala, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, and Kuwait. (SEE RECALLED PRODUCT LIST BELOW). "

http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/p...new_recall.inc

This was posted on one of my other boards. I wanted to share here b/c I know that some of us have other children that might use these products.

Also the NDC number that you're looking for to see if your bottle has been recalled it on the front of the label above the name of the medicine. Make sure to look carefully as the number is small so you may miss it.

I do believe that you will be issued a voucher/coupon for another bottle of the medication if your's is affected. So make sure to call if it is, but I believe that their phones are down untill tomorrow.
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
trewlove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Thanks! I had not heard this yet, I spread the news to my mom friends!

Group Mod

srbeusk
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I am lucky, my Wal-Mart here just gave me cash back for the cost of the medicine. It's super scary, because I had just given my son a dose of the Tylenol plus Cold the night before I found out it had been recalled!!! :(

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I had heard this but I didnt know you could get a voucher! All I have to do is call?? I've got both infants tylenol and motrin that have been recalled. Thanks!!

Mommy_Jasmine
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Quoting bbmkfo03:

I had heard this but I didnt know you could get a voucher! All I have to do is call?? I've got both infants tylenol and motrin that have been recalled. Thanks!!

This is what I heard. I am going to call Wednesday after some of the call volume has gone down. Plus I still have a bottle of Publix brand that is not affected, so I have something in the mean time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)