Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The motherhood makes me sad and............

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Just walking by the motherhod store makes me want to cry, thinking about how nice it would be to have to shop in a store just for pregnant women. And seeing pregnant women makes me mad. I want a baby so bad that i cant help myself. I just want to run up to them and slap them or ask them why you and not me? It really makes me mad seeing someone who already has a ton of kids and one more on the way. Or all the reality tv stars who have 10 or more (like 19 and counting). Its not fair...they keep having kids even if the last one almost killed them or almost died. I mean really is one baby to much to ask for? And my drs arent wanting to do anything to help me right now. If i coud id just get a new dr, but being military makes that hard.

Am I the only one that feels this way? Do you get mad when you see pregnant women or walk by a maternty store?

( oh and please dont think i dont love my son and step daughters, they are my life and my whole world. I just want a baby with my hubby, so we have a child to share in our way, not our kids that also belong to other parents)

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
trewlove
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Yea... sometimes but I try to appreciate my life anyway.

We have been TTC for our FIRST child for over two years now...

It is sometimes hard to hear others complain about TTCing when they at least already have one or more children... but every person in this life has their own suffering and its best not to compare. I try to focus on being grateful, finding joy, and handling life with grace.

Baby Dust to you!

Group Mod

bonbon2010
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I hear you on the wanting one/another that's part you and your hubby. Me and my hubby are ttc#2 for us but #3 for me. I haven't gotten mad just look at them and realize how much I miss all the being pregnant stuff!! Hope we get our BFP's very soon!!!!

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM

This is always what I wonder. I mean, its one thing to already HAVE kids and be TTC.

I cant imagine how hard it is WITHOUT children. 

And OP, no. I never got angry with other women for being pregnant. You have no idea what it took for them to get that baby. They could have been TTC that baby longer then you have been. They could have lost other babies...you just have no idea. I would not get angry at another woman for being pregnant.

I had moments of jealousy where i wanted it so bad. But never felt like slapping anyone or demanding WHY NOT ME. 

Quoting trewlove:

Yea... sometimes but I try to appreciate my life anyway.

We have been TTC for our FIRST child for over two years now...

It is sometimes hard to hear others complain about TTCing when they at least already have one or more children... but every person in this life has their own suffering and its best not to compare. I try to focus on being grateful, finding joy, and handling life with grace.

Baby Dust to you!

Pregnancy%20ticker

violetgirl
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

No, I don't get angry or sad when I see pregnant women or walk by the maternity store.  I do have moments of jealousy when it's someone I know that is pregnant, but I'm always happy for them anyhow and I don't show jealousy.  Of course, it might be different when you're TTC for your first, versus more kids, though I don't remember getting angry either when we were TTC for our 1st.  I do have an almost 2 year old now, and I am grateful for him and he is such a joy.  And yes I'm sad that it's taken 13 months to TTC our 2nd child, but I think what I'm more sad about is my miscarriage 9 months ago, and I really want to be pregnant to maybe ease the pain of my miscarriage?  Maybe I wouldn't feel so desperate to get pregnant otherwise.  I'm an only child, and because of that, I don't want my child to be an only child.  A 2nd child would be wonderful, but if it doesn't happen in another couple of years, I'll just have to accept that it's not meant to be and to be grateful for what I have already.

candcsmom2008
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I understand the frusteration in TTC, I have been TTC our last for 37 cycles.. I myself have been though alot in concieveing the kids I have.

TTC is not for the weak at heart, I know I have lived a long road in TTC 11 M/C-including twins at 25 weeks-, I have gone in to premature labor at 30 weeks only to pray she will make it-then made it to 32 1/2 weeks had an emergancy C-Section due to lack of movement and heartbeat. My DD in all her glory 2 pounds 14 oz and 100% deaf. I treasured every minute Pregnant with her, even having shingles for 19 weeks being, on bed rest at home for 18 weeks and in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks with her on bedrest before delivery.... So yeah TTC is hard, but I treasure every minute I have with her and My DS who was a very easy, uneventful PG at 10 pounds 9 oz at birth. I think maybe try to relax and enjoy the ones you have and in time God will see to it and meet your need for another child...But if anything that my situation has taught me is Patience and Treasure and be Thankful for what you do have.... Being anrgy at another woman for being PG is unnessisary- for you do not know what it has taken for her to get there.

JMO Please don't take offense to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)