Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Burning in right ovary area?

Posted by on May. 14, 2010 at 2:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

I went to the OBGYN about 2 weeks ago with pain in my right ovary area she did an exam and checked for cyst she said there wasnt any .Well i have been in pain ever since then, today after i had been walking around for awhile i felt a very bad burning sensation and it keeps coming and going my doctor never did and u/s or anything just a pap smear and internal exam and i never had any exam after my M/C in april  so i really dont know how she could tell everything was ok and why am i still having the pain on my right side she did not give me anything for pain because she wanted to see if my AF came first and it hasnt so any help you can give me would be great!  Have any of you had this kind of pain?

by on May. 14, 2010 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kyleighsmama07
by on May. 14, 2010 at 2:11 PM

BUMP!

momof2girls757
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM

BUMP!

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM

it sounds to me like you might have a cyst on your ovary. I was having pain like that and thought it was an ectopic pregnancy then one night I woke up in extreme pain where I couldn't even stand up so I went to the ER and after 7 hours of test and morphine they found out it was a cyst that had burst, they said the pain I had before that was the cyst growing!

momof2girls757
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM

This is what i was thinking to but my dr did the internal exam and said there were no cysts

Quoting kiddo0820:

it sounds to me like you might have a cyst on your ovary. I was having pain like that and thought it was an ectopic pregnancy then one night I woke up in extreme pain where I couldn't even stand up so I went to the ER and after 7 hours of test and morphine they found out it was a cyst that had burst, they said the pain I had before that was the cyst growing!

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM

When I first started having the pain my Dr. did and internal exam and said I didn't have a cyst. it took them doing and ultrasound before they found it, it was the size of a golf ball! here is what I remember feeling right before it burst. Cramps as if I was ovulating, burning and a stretching feeling in the ovary area, slight back pain and I felt sick to my stomach. I hope it's not what's going on with you because that was the worst pain I've ever been through (so far, I'm sure labor would top it)

Quoting momof2girls757:

This is what i was thinking to but my dr did the internal exam and said there were no cysts

Quoting kiddo0820:

momof2girls757
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM

That is exactly what i am having and i notice the pain alot when i am walking for a long period of time. I keep trying to figure out why she has not done an ultrasound Thanks for this info.

Quoting kiddo0820:

When I first started having the pain my Dr. did and internal exam and said I didn't have a cyst. it took them doing and ultrasound before they found it, it was the size of a golf ball! here is what I remember feeling right before it burst. Cramps as if I was ovulating, burning and a stretching feeling in the ovary area, slight back pain and I felt sick to my stomach. I hope it's not what's going on with you because that was the worst pain I've ever been through (so far, I'm sure labor would top it)

Quoting momof2girls757:

Quoting kiddo0820:

Ladybugn37
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM

I had the same thing happen to me, I have a cycst on my right side of my ovary actullay a couple small cysts and the pain got worse as I would walk or stand up for any length of time. It went on for a few days where all I could do was lay in bed or sit. The pain eventually went away though and the only thing I could think of as to why the cyst hurt for those days was because I could have been ovulating, and it got irritated? who knows!

I also had a cyst that popped many years ago, and that was soooooooo painful the doctors actually thought I was having a tubal when I was pregnant with my first. So, yeah I bet you have a cyst, have them do an ultrasound to determine how big it is. 

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others
than you can by what others say about him.                                     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)