Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

blue veins in breasts & other possible pregnancy signs

Posted by on May. 22, 2010 at 10:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

So I was in the shower this morning and I noticed that I have very prominet blue veins in my breasts that I never noticed before. I looked it up and it sounds like it is a possible sign of pregnancy for some women. With Ellie the only symptoms I had was no AF until I was about 6wks then bring on the nausea (ew). My boobs didnt get veiny looking until almost 8 months into the pregnancy. Also they feel heavy and kind of gravely? Not actual lumps mind you (i would be freaking out if that were the case) just feel like a different texture. It might be nothing but has anyone experienced this in a pregnancy before?

My final question is this. Constipation? I am normally very regular (omg tmi) but these last few days I have had some problems with "going". I dont know if that might be a pregnancy sign/symptom or maybe I just need to switch up my diet lol. Thanks in advance

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

by on May. 22, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RedheadMama18
by on May. 22, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Those are both symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my DD. I think the veiny boobs came a little later, but I remember it did get very noticeable lol.  I also remember being constipated right away too.  Good luck and I hope these are good signs for you!

Mrs.Arney
by on May. 22, 2010 at 11:21 AM

The veins are not a sign of early pregnancy.....thats late pregnancy, im preggers and mine just ache all day every day and are getting bigger, and constipation, yes, thats a damn joy lol and nausea of course lol i got bad morning sickness all day....good luck!

Hrivera5
by on May. 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Those sound like very promising signs to me!!!

lillysmom77
by on May. 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM

That's one of the first signs I got was very prominent blue veins on my boobs. Even before the nausea kicked in. Good luck to you!!

by on May. 22, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I've heard nipples getting darker is a sign. Good luck!

Jewels11
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM

When I was 7 wks pregnant the actual morning sickness kicked in and I still have it to this day 21 wks!!!! The bue veins in my boobs didn't start to get noticeable til roughly now 21 wks (about 5 months). Ah yes the constipation.....that started roughly after the nausea/morning sickness kicked in 7-10 wks maybe? Good Luck!!!!

kaygarcia97
by on May. 22, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I dont want to get to excited then be crushed. BUT..... I was outside speaking with a friend of mine and she had a cigarette in her hand. The smell of the cigarette smoke made me so sick :). That was a sign for me with Ellie!!! It happened last night and I was like : wait a moment....what! So I am cautious but I am getting a little excited. My boobs are a tad bigger to me (and dh) so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

wisemom917
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 3:25 PM

hi moms,

all of your posts are an inspiration to me...i'm a new bride at age 48, and as unbelievable as it may seem, i think i have conceived...i've been tracking signs and just this morning, the blue veins on my breast were, well, incredibly visible. I don't recall seeing them yesterday. And the metallic taste in my mouth is just yucky, but the beauty is the dream i have held in my heart all these years might finally be here. my af is due tomorrow...

thanks again for all your comments and for sharing your experiences

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)