Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Upset....Now what?!?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

I went to the Dr on Friday. A new Dr. At first I didnt like her at all!! I couldn't give her a medical reason that I was induced with my last son. Honestly I dont know why I was but I couldn't walk anymore and I was having contractions like crazy! 

But I am NOT pregnant! I am weighing in at 262...I was 230 just a year ago...THANKS DEPO! Anyways she gave me provera to "clean me out and reset the clock" Shes pretty much said I have PCOS and they only way I will concieve is with fertility drugs. She is putting me on metformin to loose weight and it helps with the PCOS (?) I have an ultrasound next week. All the blood work and everything else was friday. She wont even discuss clomid until I'm between 180 and 190. I told her I haven't weighed that since high school....9 years ago. She didn't give to SH**S! But she seems to think that my thyroid is now under control and starting the metformin is going to cause me to loose weight.

Now what? I'm so lost. I have had 2 m/c and gotten pregnant very easily with 3 beautiful babies! My fiance doesnt want to up the chances of multiples anymore than they already are. Since my daughter is a surviving twin at 6 weeks 2 babies; at 8 weeks just one. So We are already worried about twins with my family history. DF doesn't have any children and I hate my ex husvband right now I know its not his fault but I feel like I was some how robbed by him. It doesnt help hes having a baby in Sept!

Thanks for letting me vent!

ttc  [url=]

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I'm sorry all this is going on for you. It's really not easy but we all have to take things one day at a time. No matter how cliche that sounds. Good luck & ::Hugs::

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I am so sorry you are going through all of that!  Sounds like you need a new doc...someone that you enjoy seeing and is more on your side.  Sounds like this one was just like "lose weight and then I will help you"....that is not very helpful of her!  I mean, of course you should probably lose weight (I am as big as you, don't worry) but she shouldn't just pick a number that is out of left field!  It would take me years to get down to 180 LOL!  I want kids now...geesh.  Anyways...I wish I had some better advice, but I think you just need to see someone else.

My best friend weighs over 300 and her doc is AWESOME with her.  He told her about losing weight, and she is because he is more supportive.  She also takes the metformin, because PCOS does make it hard to lose...and he DID start her on clomid because you never know how long that will take...and he said that it would probably take a she is losing weight and trying at the same time and he is on board with that.

And the risk of twins on clomid only goes up to you still have a 92% chance of a singleton :)

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I would find a new doctor if you really dont like her. She honestly sounds like a good doctor. Induction can be a very bad thing if performed for no good reason. MIsuse of it causes a lot of c sections. I can also understand her wanting you to reach a certain weight goal before she does anything. I however do not think you should diagnose someone with pcos unless she has proof of that. She can suggest that she thinks you may have it and wants to check but never tell someone they do unless you have proof. I think she is trying to get your body as healthy as she can before taking further steps. It can take a long time to conceive after something like depo. There may be absolutely nothing wrong with you if you conceived three children with no problems. Good luck with everything!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Awww I'm sorry. I've pretty much self diagnosed myself with PCOS cause I never have regular periods. I had my 1st m/c in jan and have yet to have AF. It's a shame some people who dont deserve kids get them so easily.. and the ppl who do can't.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM

hey huni i have pcos and got the same answers as u for the last 2 years, i joined agym and saw u sietrician for the last 2 years and have actuallly gained weight!!but i proved that i have the will power and am on my first cycleof clomid and metformin, the metformin will help with urhormones as well as ur weight as amajor issue of pcos id the insulin resistance, clomid just forces ov xxx

by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I have PCOS and was told I wouldn't be able to concieve without fertility drugs...the doctor was very wrong. We didn't use protection because of this reason, now DH and I have 3 boys all without drugs. Just try to relax, don't think about it too much, try to get healthy and let nature work. Good Luck!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I am so sorry hun! I am sure it will all work out it is just frustrating to go through it all!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)