Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It seems so simple..

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

but why is it SO hard? I use to think...Sperm meet egg...bam!

But in reality it's like girl pee on stick...not ovulating...repeat 45 times...big O, go and bd, wait....wait...wait... BFN...and repeat what feels like 3000 times.

I want to invest in the OPK's with the :) and 0 thing for ovulation...but it's expencive!!

My birthday is the 30th...I would be the HAPPIEST me ever if I PAOS and got a BFP or even got AF finally..

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
olivejuicebby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I hope you get your answer soon.. I know the feeling that it seems like it should really be so much easier than it is. Good luck!

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Yeah, TTC and be an evil roller coaster of emotions. I hope you get your BFP soon. Baby dust to you!

wife2ali
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM

There are a lot of obstacles for sperm to go through to get to the egg.  The majority of sperm are killed in the woman's vagina. If your cervical mucus is hostile to sperm, it will be a bad environment for the sperm and they'll get trapped in the vagina, unable to swim and thus eventually die.  Millions of  sperm that leaks out of the vagina when having sex. The vagina is acidic and the acid will attack anything that is seen as a foreign body (i.e. the sperm). It is the body's way of protecting itself. Then if the sperm can get through the cervix which is a very narrow opening, about half the sperm go through the WRONG fallopian tube.  Not many sperm have the energy to make it through the uterus, and into the fallopian tube with the egg.  Then the sperm have to compete to see which one gets to the egg first and then the sperm has to burrow into the egg, releasing a chemical that will stop the other sperm from entering.  Some sperm the man injects into the woman is blanks, dead, or malformed sperm (i.e. no tail or two heads). 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
http://slaves2allah.blogspot.com/
Lovebugbaby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:39 AM

and in high school the teachers were like DONT HAVE SEX...YOU WILL GET PREGNANT! lol Making it seem like asa the deed was over with you were pregnant. lol It's a very long process :(

Quoting wife2ali:

There are a lot of obstacles for sperm to go through to get to the egg.  The majority of sperm are killed in the woman's vagina. If your cervical mucus is hostile to sperm, it will be a bad environment for the sperm and they'll get trapped in the vagina, unable to swim and thus eventually die.  Millions of  sperm that leaks out of the vagina when having sex. The vagina is acidic and the acid will attack anything that is seen as a foreign body (i.e. the sperm). It is the body's way of protecting itself. Then if the sperm can get through the cervix which is a very narrow opening, about half the sperm go through the WRONG fallopian tube.  Not many sperm have the energy to make it through the uterus, and into the fallopian tube with the egg.  Then the sperm have to compete to see which one gets to the egg first and then the sperm has to burrow into the egg, releasing a chemical that will stop the other sperm from entering.  Some sperm the man injects into the woman is blanks, dead, or malformed sperm (i.e. no tail or two heads). 

shivajnr
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM

I know how you feel! You try so hard for so many years to NOT get pregnant and then you find out how truly hard it is to actually GET pregnant.  Baby Dust momma!

melmel83
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Yep and it is frustrating to see so many people that accidentally get pregnant.

Quoting Lovebugbaby:

and in high school the teachers were like DONT HAVE SEX...YOU WILL GET PREGNANT! lol Making it seem like asa the deed was over with you were pregnant. lol It's a very long process :(

Quoting wife2ali:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)